[Complete] Miscellanea Curiosa Vol 1 by E Halley - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
MrsHand
Posts: 4143
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » July 5th, 2016, 8:49 am

alg1001 wrote:Hi Lynne,
Here is section 8.
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_08_halley_128kb.mp3
9:26
Thanks!
-Amy

Section 8 is PL OK!

MrsHand
Posts: 4143
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » July 5th, 2016, 8:50 am

2839reader wrote:The True Theory of the Tides.....by Mr. Edmund Halley
time 25:17
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_02_halley_128kb.mp3
Section 2 is PL OK!

lezer
Posts: 8719
Joined: July 28th, 2007, 3:27 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post by lezer » July 17th, 2016, 5:02 am

Could I read section 10, please?
Anna

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 17th, 2016, 8:07 am

lezer wrote:Could I read section 10, please?
I'll sign you up.
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

lezer
Posts: 8719
Joined: July 28th, 2007, 3:27 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post by lezer » July 18th, 2016, 12:49 am

Here it is:

10
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_10_halley_128kb.mp3
21:30

Interesting, the logic reasoning.
Anna

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 18th, 2016, 6:12 am

lezer wrote:Here it is:

10
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_10_halley_128kb.mp3
21:30

Interesting, the logic reasoning.
Thank you
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

MrsHand
Posts: 4143
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » July 19th, 2016, 9:25 am

lezer wrote:Here it is:

10
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/misccuriosa_v1_10_halley_128kb.mp3
21:30

Interesting, the logic reasoning.
I'm glad you understood it! I'd love to understand half of what I've been PLing. :lol:

PL OK!

PlannerPaula
Posts: 19
Joined: July 4th, 2016, 7:25 pm

Post by PlannerPaula » July 19th, 2016, 11:15 am

What an interesting project!

I'll read sections 18, 20, and 24.
(and hopefully learn something about marine barometers, stars, and mortars in the process)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 19th, 2016, 1:31 pm

PlannerPaula wrote:What an interesting project!

I'll read sections 18, 20, and 24.
(and hopefully learn something about marine barometers, stars, and mortars in the process)
Thank you for claiming. I've signed you up!
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

readallthepoems
Posts: 6
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 11:49 am
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Contact:

Post by readallthepoems » July 19th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Hello!

I love this book! I'd like to read the following sections from Misc. Curiosa:

Section 21: Isaac Newton, Moon
Section 23: Gravity
Section 25: Measure of Airs
Section 28: Actions of Sun
Section 29: Actions of Sun

Please let me know if there's anything else that you might need from me!
I'm a first-time poster to LibriVox and can be found on the site as readallthepoems

Thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 19th, 2016, 4:55 pm

readallthepoems wrote:Hello!

I love this book! I'd like to read the following sections from Misc. Curiosa:

Section 21: Isaac Newton, Moon
Section 23: Gravity
Section 25: Measure of Airs
Section 28: Actions of Sun
Section 29: Actions of Sun

Please let me know if there's anything else that you might need from me!
I'm a first-time poster to LibriVox and can be found on the site as readallthepoems

Thank you!
Thank you! This book has been waiting for someone like you to come along 8-) I am assuming you noticed the comments about equations, Latin and Greek and are comfortable with them? I wouldn't be much help, but I'm sure there are people who could help if you need it. Otherwise, you will end up being our 'go to' person when these things crop up :wink:
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

readallthepoems
Posts: 6
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 11:49 am
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Contact:

Post by readallthepoems » July 19th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Thank you! That sounds lovely-- Early Modern/Renaissance texts involving theories science, curiosities, bodies, etc. are all a fascination for me, and I work closely with a group of Early Modern/Renaissance scholars when cross-checking unique symbols or phrases. Looking forward to working on these pieces and will keep you posted on progress :))

And if you come across any other older texts along the lines of Miscellane Curiosa, please do let me know! I'd be down for Galileo, Kircher, etc. I also work on texts involving monsters, ex: The Faerie Queene, Ludovico Ariosto's Orlando Furioso, etc!

Brightest wishes! Xx

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 19th, 2016, 6:05 pm

readallthepoems wrote:Thank you! That sounds lovely-- Early Modern/Renaissance texts involving theories science, curiosities, bodies, etc. are all a fascination for me, and I work closely with a group of Early Modern/Renaissance scholars when cross-checking unique symbols or phrases. Looking forward to working on these pieces and will keep you posted on progress :))

And if you come across any other older texts along the lines of Miscellane Curiosa, please do let me know! I'd be down for Galileo, Kircher, etc. I also work on texts involving monsters, ex: The Faerie Queene, Ludovico Ariosto's Orlando Furioso, etc!

Brightest wishes! Xx
Once you have become familiar with our process etc, you can always do a solo... You get to choose the book and record the whole thing yourself. Any MC can guide you through the process. You just have to make sure your text is in the public domain! We strongly recommend getting a few sections in group projects under your belt first, though.
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22801
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 19th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Lynnet wrote:
readallthepoems wrote:Thank you! That sounds lovely-- Early Modern/Renaissance texts involving theories science, curiosities, bodies, etc. are all a fascination for me, and I work closely with a group of Early Modern/Renaissance scholars when cross-checking unique symbols or phrases. Looking forward to working on these pieces and will keep you posted on progress :))

And if you come across any other older texts along the lines of Miscellane Curiosa, please do let me know! I'd be down for Galileo, Kircher, etc. I also work on texts involving monsters, ex: The Faerie Queene, Ludovico Ariosto's Orlando Furioso, etc!

Brightest wishes! Xx
Once you have become familiar with our process etc, you can always do a solo... You get to choose the book and record the whole thing yourself. Any MC can guide you through the process. You just have to make sure your text is in the public domain! We strongly recommend getting a few sections in group projects under your belt first, though.
Edit: Faerie Queen and Orlando Furioso are already in the catalog - you can still do another version but some readers like to do a "first".
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

readallthepoems
Posts: 6
Joined: July 12th, 2016, 11:49 am
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Contact:

Post by readallthepoems » July 19th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Fantastic! Thank you for your help!

Post Reply