LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Great! Thanks Kristin!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The forum and database (the whole website) have temporarily lost everything since September 15.
Please do not post or upload anything you don't want lost when the sysadmin retrieves the missing info from backup.
(Everything posted or uploaded on this current, missing-data version of the website will be lost.)

Hopefully all will be well and restored to what it was as of Friday morning shortly.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded in recovering any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

Specifically for this project, I can tell that there was activity in the forums since September 15. Can’t tell exactly what . . . but we probably have a few things to do to get this project brought current again. Here are the instructions for projects with activity since September 15th:

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

For BCs: If you remember any claims to your project, please enter them again into the MW.
For readers:
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* If you claimed a section, but have not yet recorded and/or submitted it, but intend to do so, please let me know and I will reinstate your claim before I assign it to someone else.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate. Remember everyone - including MCs, BCs and DPLS - is a volunteer and has life outside LV.

This is frustrating for everyone, and thankfully is very rare. We just need to pick up the pieces the best we can.

Thank you.
Lynne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You had opened up the sections of "readallthepoems". And 21 was mine. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Availle wrote:You had opened up the sections of "readallthepoems". And 21 was mine. :mrgreen:
I'll give it back to you then :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Here is section 15!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/misccuriosa_v1_15_halley_128kb.mp3 [35:29]

ETA: And it was PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

icequeen wrote:Here is section 15!

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/misccuriosa_v1_15_halley_128kb.mp3 [35:29]

ETA: And it was PL OK!
Thank you.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I can claim 23 and 25 to help complete this project, if you'll give me a few weeks to get them done. Or, I can just take 25 and leave the longer file for another reader.