Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Jaques Offenbach is also PL OK :thumbs:
Kathrine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Mary Ann and Kathrinee,
I see that their are sections 18, 19 & 20 that are not assigned as of yet.
May I please have those 3 sections?
I have choosen 3 articles from Guttenberg's " The Art of Stage Dancing" by Ned Wayburn.
I would love to record them for this project.
April1060
April
LibriFoxy

Post by LibriFoxy »

Hi, April! Sure - You'd be very welcome to finish up this collection with the last three chapters. I look forward to your sections!
adr6090 wrote:Hello Mary Ann and Kathrinee,
I see that their are sections 18, 19 & 20 that are not assigned as of yet.
May I please have those 3 sections?
I have choosen 3 articles from Guttenberg's " The Art of Stage Dancing" by Ned Wayburn.
I would love to record them for this project.
April1060
Rosie in Boston

Coffee Break Collection 12 is up and looking for readers! Theme: The Performing Arts!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kathrine & MaryAnn,
Hello! Here are sections 18, 19 & 20
They are chapters from this link: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27367/27367-h/27367-h.htm

I am not certain the length is appropriate as they are not large audio files. Please do let me know.
I also question if the above section numbers are supposed to be in the name of the recorded file. :hmm:

Here they are :

section 18 "a Bit of Ancient History" 6:34 length https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/coffeebreak012_ancienthistory_wayburn_128kb.mp3

section 19 "the Dance and the Drama" 3:1 length
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/coffeebreak012_dancedrama_wayburn_128kb.mp3

section 20 " The Melting Pot of the Dance" 3:44 length
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/coffeebreak012_meltingpot_wayburn_128kb.mp3
LibriFoxy

Post by LibriFoxy »

April, thanks so much for your quick work on getting our last 3 questions recorded and edited!! :clap: :clap:

To answer your questions: The time is perfectly fine, and you labeled the filenames accurately. Thanks!

MW updated! Once we're PL OK for all sections, we should be up and cataloged soon! Hooray! We close another fabulous coffee break collection. Thank you all for your research in finding some really great pieces in an oft-underdiscussed topic.

Speaking of topics: What are some ideas for our next coffee break collection?? So far we've had:

1. Humor
2. Faith
3. Nature
4. Hodgepodge
5. Love and Relationships
6. Food and Drink
7. Travel
8. Animals
9. Autumn
10. War and Conflict
11. Science
12. The Performing Arts
Rosie in Boston

Coffee Break Collection 12 is up and looking for readers! Theme: The Performing Arts!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

For the next coffeebreak section perhaps it can be about some articles in regards to different places (i.e. Major metropolis, rural, Alaska, Florida-geographical choices people have made)?
Merely a suggestion.

Thank you for pl approving my 3 posted sections. :clap: :D
Feels great to be the closing sections.
April
LibriFoxy

Post by LibriFoxy »

Ooo! 'Cities' might be a great idea! What do the rest of you think?
Rosie in Boston

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That could be interesting. Do you think stories set in cities (so a mystery in London or a romance in Venice), or do you think non-fiction stories about particular cities or aspects of life in a city (like tenement houses in New York or the stockyard in Chicago)?

MaryAnn
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Mary Ann,

That could be interesting. Do you think stories set in cities (so a mystery in London or a romance in Venice), or do you think non-fiction stories about particular cities or aspects of life in a city (like tenement houses in New York or the stockyard in Chicago)?

I was thinking aspects of lives in different places like non-fiction stories as you have mentioned above.

Though, the the thought of stories set in cities sounds captivating as well.

April
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I like the city-idea! I'll get around to listening to the last three sections today or tomorrow, by the way :)
Kathrine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

You haven't even listened to the last 3 sections yet? I hope that you like them.

Hey, comment on the city idea. Sounds good to me or I wouldn't have suggested it. I do wonder though just where the stories would come from.... :hmm:

good day to you,
April
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I believe I would vote for the non-fiction cities theme. If the 15 minute time limit is going to be repeated I think it would be hard to have a complete mystery or romance story wrapped up in that short of a time.

BettyB
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Betty does make a valid point as 15 minutes doesn't seem like enough time for a full story.
April
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

And the three last sections are PL OK! Interesting readings on dance, good job :thumbs:
Kathrine
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kathrine,
Thank you. I also found the dance articles interesting. :D
April