(COMPLETE) Poems of American History, Vol III - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal » June 6th, 2016, 7:37 am

Geez, my bad for not paying attention over the weekend. Well, granddaughters. Rizzen, you spoke first and last, so honor your wishes I must! Joe, by the kindness of Rizzen, knock yourself out!

And so true about the future. This third volume is short of the halfway mark. The Civil War, up next, is the longest section in the Anthology, and it's exciting to realize that was the vivid, overwhelming event living memory, with its veterans and orphans and freemen still in view, and no one more than a generation away from the conflict.

Regarding newspaper poems, staff surely wrote many, but people wrote a lot of poetry back then, to friends and lovers and alma maters, and very willing to write Odes to any current event.

Rizzen, thanks for your latest; I'll listen soon.

Asiox

Post by Asiox » June 6th, 2016, 10:49 am

Joanna

edhumpal

Post by edhumpal » June 7th, 2016, 5:59 am

Thanks, Joanna. I'll listen soon.

edhumpal

Post by edhumpal » June 16th, 2016, 2:56 am

Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK! Strong readings, thank you.

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe » June 29th, 2016, 11:14 pm

rizzin wrote:I don't mind unclejoe getting this section, he seems pretty motivated and I remember seeing in this thread that there are more volumes of these poems to come :)
Thankyou Rizzin! I enjoyed reading them! Now editing same. It is quite fascinating, history thru poetry.

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe » July 7th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Uploaded section:
9 Chapter 3, Part 1 "Chapter 3..." p 329 through "To Aaron Burr" p 338

38:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsperiodofgrowth_09_various_128kb.mp3

A few places I couldn't tell what was being versed about... :>) and I feel I did rather well with some....and enjoyed all, thanks!

joe t.

edhumpal

Post by edhumpal » July 16th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Oops, my bad, Uncle Joe.

PL OK, of course. Ann had to tell me I'd left you standing on the porch. Come on in, the table is set.

I guess this is ready for the catalog. And yep, Volume 4 is coming soon: THE CIVIL WAR. I'll hold it back at least a few weeks, while folks are bearing down on the anniversary challenge. Here in the United States it's a heck of a year for a project with a title like that. Well, we'll try to learn from the past, at least.

unclejoe

Post by unclejoe » July 16th, 2016, 9:15 pm

edhumpal wrote:Oops, my bad, Uncle Joe.

PL OK, of course. Ann had to tell me I'd left you standing on the porch. Come on in, the table is set.

I guess this is ready for the catalog. And yep, Volume 4 is coming soon: THE CIVIL WAR. I'll hold it back at least a few weeks, while folks are bearing down on the anniversary challenge. Here in the United States it's a heck of a year for a project with a title like that. Well, we'll try to learn from the past, at least.
Very good Ed, thanks!
Civil War, wow! There have been some tremendous efforts put into books over the years...... Diderot's Ency. etc. and onward. Librivox may well be considered in that vain one day, along with Gutenberg.org...... preservation and availability.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 16th, 2016, 9:51 pm

Off to the catalog! This one probably won't be finished until tomorrow, but I will check back to see where we are!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 16th, 2016, 11:11 pm

OK, not expecting this to be done, but...

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/poems-of-american-history-the-period-of-growth-by-various/

Great job, everyone, thank you for participating in this project! And a huge thank you to our tireless BC/DPL, Ed! :clap: :clap:

On to the Civil War! Let me know when you are ready, Ed!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."