COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote: October 18th, 2018, 11:00 am PL NOTES:

SECTION 21 - A Bond of Sympathy

Hey M. Good to have you back. Before I listen further on the recent upload I want to ask if this is maybe an un-editted version of the recording. Please advise. Thanks!
Aw, Lawdie! I think you're right! I just opened up the file and I think I altered everything *prior* to saving and then uploading and believing I'd rounded it off. Blast! However, it should be an easy fix here. Lemme see... Whoah! That's incredibly unedited! That's awful. Now I'm wondering if I saved it in another folder. I shall tinker and tinker here today. Pardon this horrendous mistake. If the time estimate isn't the same it might be somewhere else than it should be. (((sigh)))
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Yep! It was in another folder and thank Heavens it was. 6:25 was all I needed to make sure. So once again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_21_maclane.mp3

And the next, chapter 22, time index 5:43

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_22_maclane.mp3

Hopefully all errors are now "lost at sea". :oops:
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Morlock wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:44 pm Yep! It was in another folder and thank Heavens it was. 6:25 was all I needed to make sure. So once again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_21_maclane.mp3

And the next, chapter 22, time index 5:43

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_22_maclane.mp3

Hopefully all errors are now "lost at sea". :oops:
I am glad you found it! Whew! Anyways, no biggie. :thumbs:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 21 AND 22

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great! Only three sections left to go and we can wrap up :clap:
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thanks, Carolin. I'm looking forward to it and moving on to a potential new project.

Just to let you all know here, I've been suffering the intense smoke in the air. I kept blowing my nose and coughing all the time, even if I stayed indoors. It has been dreadful.

Now I see clearer skies, fresh clouds and a white moon for several nights. But it doesn't mean I don't need recovery time.

I'm also extremely downtrodden right now from the constant grief cycle that keeps hounding me from losing so many dear friends to social media and smartphone addiction. (I truly feel my enjoyment of fermented beverages is nothing in comparison to this new scourge. There is little to no rehab for the new addictions currently.) Some of these friendships that I've lost go back as far as 1985.

Anyway, I still consider myself very lucky (good-luck) to know who I am and that slice-of-life and mundane entertainment is where I belong in this life. I am very, very pleased that Mary made this novel and shared it with the world and I will do my best to carry forward with it.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

And now... back to our regularly scheduled program...

Chapter 23, time index 11 minutes and 4 seconds:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_23_maclane.mp3

When I got to the part where she tried to describe how she felt about the word "Canadian" it was easier to edit. I've often wondered how it would be described, especially at the turn of the (previous) century. Neat to hear about a "Dominion Square". If I knew of that place I'd forgotten. ^_^
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

good to see you around again daryl!

dont worry about the social media craze. i notice it is getting a lot better in my own environment, plenty of people are stepping out again. it is no longer new and cool you see :)

now my librivox addiction, thats another subject...
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 23

PL OK
Anthony

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Awesome! Do you think we can still wrap this project up in 2018 daryl?
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Oops! Well obviously not if I'm writing this in 2019. Lot of backlog recovering from all the smoke in the air then the holidays deluged a ton of endeavours to see through. I'm going to upload to Flower of The Dusk today and get started on the next chapter of this to record.

I keep wanting to apologize for stuff that isn't my fault. I think we need a sniglet for that. (Sniglet: Word that isn't in the dictionary but should be.)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi daryl, id really love to close this project so it would be great if you could make this project a priority. Thank you!
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:05 am Hi daryl, id really love to close this project so it would be great if you could make this project a priority. Thank you!
I hear you. I just had to get back into some kind of head-space and social life where reliability came into play rather than the high stress levels of grief and nonsense. (Not to mention fires and holidays.) I've built a schedule to arrange things more evenly. Now I gotta figure out a summary, too.

Chapter 24 is uploaded in the time of 1 minute and 21 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_24_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 24

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote: November 28th, 2018, 1:04 am good to see you around again daryl!

dont worry about the social media craze. i notice it is getting a lot better in my own environment, plenty of people are stepping out again. it is no longer new and cool you see :)

now my librivox addiction, thats another subject...
Oh thank you! I either didn't see this or forgot about it.

The summary is done. I finally figured something out last night. Hopefully I still got "it".