COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Morlock wrote:
afutterer wrote:PL NOTES

SECTION 9: RELATIVE

There are ~7.5 seconds of silence in the beginning of the recording. This should probably be cut down to 2 or 3.

Checker informed me that the dB level is 80.3dB. It should be 86-92dB. Please amplify this and I will PL the entire section at that time.

Sounded like great reading style though. Can't wait to listen Morlock! I believe that once you get some of this technical stuff figured out that you will have very few redos moving forward. Stay dedicated! :thumbs:
Ahhh, I think I'm getting the knack-back... *crossing fingers* Chapter 9 is now at 8:27 and leveled up.

Thank you so much for the boost of encouragement. It is sorely needed. And checking the other chapters! Another joy was, "Wow, I see an icon with a thumbs up, and I'm not offended! I'm actually cheered up! Imagine that." :9: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_09_maclane.mp3

PL NOTES:
M, The checker is still reading that the dB level is low, though it is now at 83.1dB. You just need a little more volume. The silence at the beginning was fixed!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

The last post was an upload for Section 9, but Section 1 shows up as "Ready for Spot PL". I am confused? Please let me know if I should be checking 1 or 9. Thanks.

:?
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:The last post was an upload for Section 9, but Section 1 shows up as "Ready for Spot PL". I am confused? Please let me know if I should be checking 1 or 9. Thanks.

:?
Sorry, I was trying to get to both. chapter 9 should be fixed and chapter 1. It's a little confusing to me also as there are notes between chapters and the previous PL.

Is chapter 9 still off?
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

OK M. I will just look back on the notes and check them both. :clap: Thanks!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 1 - The Coming of Annabel Lee

The volume is still a little low for section 1, by a little more than 1dB. However, since you are on the right path in your other projects, and because after listening I do not believe this to be an issue here... We will belabor the point no longer and cease with the brow-beating over volume on section 1 and 9. Great job M!

PL OK

:D
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Just to be clear;

Section 9 - Relative

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:

Just to be clear;

Section 9 - Relative

PL OK
Ohhh, thank you. I'll go over whatever is left in the list before continuing to chapter 10! :9:
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Just went over Chapter 2 and hopefully got the volume higher, also shaved out one second:

5:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_02_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 2 - The Flat Surfaces of Things

PL OK
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Thanks! Now we'll see if I did okay increasing the volume to chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_04_maclane.mp3
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Section 4 - Boston

The volume still falls below the acceptable level at 85.3dB. You just need a little more...

On a side note you may download a variety of programs that will tell you what the gain levels are like Checker or mp3gain. I use them both in different situations.
Anthony

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:

Section 4 - Boston

The volume still falls below the acceptable level at 85.3dB. You just need a little more...

On a side note you may download a variety of programs that will tell you what the gain levels are like Checker or mp3gain. I use them both in different situations.

Okay, I think I managed to get the volume high enough, let me know.

Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Has this project been hacked? I was about to reply to the thread but there are at least three messages that are missing from this. :?:
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Whoops! The answer was yes!

And so? Let's try this again. (We'll see if I get the magic window to work!)

chapter 4 at 14:36, revised, upgraded, voila!