COMPLETE My Friend Annabel Lee by Mary MacLane -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

silverquill wrote:
Morlock wrote:
silverquill wrote:
I have to record to use my voice. I'm stuck at home with no one to talk to and practice is a good thing. :D
Oh, give me a call sometime! Or, we could be voice pals and shuttle audio letters back and forth.

Taking a look at The Pit of Ultimate Dark Shadows blog and podcast sites. The podcast site seems to have a problem. When scrolling down when I get to episode eight, it locks up and I get an error message. Looks like a fascinating project!
Bless you, it is. There is a side bar to reach you to the podbay version which is easier. Yeah hundreds of bucks a year and the only thing that podomatic page likes is expensive tablets.

Meanwhile constructiveness in literature, as rarely, if ever, seen on social networks...

Hurray for the magic window!
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Hey, just wanted to let y'all know I'm still working on this. I've had a cold so getting chapter one finished has gone slower. I know there are a few things I have to re-read and going through each last sentence has been a sap this last month, but I'm determined. (This book is quite inspiring, actually.) Then I have to re-learn how to upload the blasted thing. Hope this holiday season is going well for all here.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

good to hear you are making progress!

i understand that you need to become familiar with the process again. could you please also add the links and information to the magic window, do you remember how that worked? please let me know if you need help with anything, i can tutor you through :D
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote:good to hear you are making progress!

i understand that you need to become familiar with the process again. could you please also add the links and information to the magic window, do you remember how that worked? please let me know if you need help with anything, i can tutor you through :D
Oh, gosh, thank you. I *think* I did it! (((crossing fingers, knocking on wood, and praying against all rising of "cricks"))) Yeah, it's a new system. This makes me feel better. It's more a new version of the old system I'm learning.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

excellent!

the new system should actually make things easier, and i think it did :)

one little thing: you neednt write "ready for pl" in the notes field. in the far right column is a drop-down menu with all the pl stati, and you can select whichever status your file has. your dpl will then change it to pl ok or to edits needed.

are you in touch with larry? he hasnt been around as much and is having trouble keeping up with his pl duties in other projects. it might be good to drop him a pm to see if he has time to follow along with this project.

thanks!
Carolin
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Carolin wrote:excellent!

the new system should actually make things easier, and i think it did :)

one little thing: you neednt write "ready for pl" in the notes field. in the far right column is a drop-down menu with all the pl stati, and you can select whichever status your file has. your dpl will then change it to pl ok or to edits needed.

are you in touch with larry? he hasnt been around as much and is having trouble keeping up with his pl duties in other projects. it might be good to drop him a pm to see if he has time to follow along with this project.

thanks!
Sure I can do that.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Whew! The long hours at work are a thing of the past, and I will actually have a couple weeks break, so I should get pretty well caught up on all my LibriVox commitments. I am really looking forward to listening to this. I'll have a report for you within a few days.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

silverquill wrote:Whew! The long hours at work are a thing of the past, and I will actually have a couple weeks break, so I should get pretty well caught up on all my LibriVox commitments. I am really looking forward to listening to this. I'll have a report for you within a few days.
Yay! Thank you, Larry. :clap: The remnants of a cold are still with me so edited bits might sound a little crusty. (btw, if you've heard my radio drama work, then this, and suspect a familiar voice attempt? You're right. :wink: ) Can't wait to keep going.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

chapter two if uploaded at 05:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_02_maclane.mp3

And I must update magic window! I shall learn this again!
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Morlock wrote:Okie dokie, Chapter One is complete at 06:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_01_maclane.mp3
What a treat it is going to be listening to this! Fascinating premise so far, and i love your rendition!

There are just a couple of technical things to take care of before you go further with this project.

1). The volume is too low at only 82.9 dB. The LV target is 89 dB with a couple dB either side. You should be able to use the amplify function in Audacity to correct this, or something similar if you use another program.

2). Then you missed the "outro" -- End of Chapter One.

3). Each section should have LESS than one second of silence at the beginning (yours is just slightly over), and it should have a full FIVE seconds of silence at the end (yours is less than one second).

Section two is fine, except that the ending silence is 7 seconds, so needs 2 seconds cut.

Section three is totally fine - PL OKl

I've marked the first sections as See PL Notes. Just change this to Ready for Spot PL when you've uploaded the corrected files, and post a note here.

All in all --- off to a great start!
~ Larry
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

silverquill wrote:
Morlock wrote:Okie dokie, Chapter One is complete at 06:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/myfriendannabellee_01_maclane.mp3
What a treat it is going to be listening to this! Fascinating premise so far, and i love your rendition!

There are just a couple of technical things to take care of before you go further with this project.

1). The volume is too low at only 82.9 dB. The LV target is 89 dB with a couple dB either side. You should be able to use the amplify function in Audacity to correct this, or something similar if you use another program.

2). Then you missed the "outro" -- End of Chapter One.

3). Each section should have LESS than one second of silence at the beginning (yours is just slightly over), and it should have a full FIVE seconds of silence at the end (yours is less than one second).

Section two is fine, except that the ending silence is 7 seconds, so needs 2 seconds cut.

Section three is totally fine - PL OKl

I've marked the first sections as See PL Notes. Just change this to Ready for Spot PL when you've uploaded the corrected files, and post a note here.

All in all --- off to a great start!
Ah, thanks. I'm looking forward to more. Good to get some upbeat. For the rest, wow I am rusty. I am using Audacity, so how would I implement the amplification on the track? (Silence snipping should be easy, as well as adding the outro.)

The next question might be for Carolin: What is the current method to upload a repaired track?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

In audacity, just select the whole track, then select Amplify from the Effect drop-down menu, then select a value to bring it up close to 89dB -- in this case about + 6.0.

Upload the corrected files exactly as you did the original with the same name. The original file will be renamed in Carolin's folder rather than being replaced. That is my understanding, at least.

Hope this helps.
~ Larry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

exactly as larry wrote: just upload with the same file name, which renames the old file (so it is still there in case of accidents), but it means that the file with the right file name is always the latest version :) does that make sense?
Carolin