COMPLETE Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Roohi wrote:Can I do master careless ?
Roohi
Yes, you can:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Thanks!
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

I'll be away on a viking camp until Sunday, so I won't be posting again until that.
Kristin

wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi just to let you know that this project has been added to the help us finish DR's thread see link below

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60875&p=1237726#p1237726

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Catrose:

Sorry it has taken me so long to PL your spot-corrected Act 5. You corrected two of the small mistakes, but I think you missed out the larger one at 9.05. At any rate, there are still a few mistakes in that one line that will make it hard to follow.

"I that have refused a fellow that loved me these seven years, and would have put off his hat, and thanked me to come to bed, to be beaten with watchmen's staves into another's! — for, by this good light, for aught that I perceive, there's no keeping these out at night."

Roohi:

Great reading, Roohi, and Acts 1,2,4,5 are PL OK. Sorry it took me so long to PL your files.

There are a couple of things in Act 3.

2.54 missing line "Prythee, let's be rid of this fool."
3.35 I hear 'course' instead of 'counsel'.

I noticed that you occasionally read out the numbers that are embedded in the text. These are page and footnote numbers, and there is no need to read them. I have taken the liberty of editing out the numbers myself to save you or the final editor the trouble. But this does mean that, when you come to edit Act 3, you may wish to download Act 3 from here https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_mastercareless_03_128kb.mp3 as this is the corrected file. If you edit the file you have on your own computer, this is fine, but of course it will still include those numbers.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I admit, I'm not sure what to do about this project. I've recorded 2 out of the 5 files (the shortest two) but I'm very aware it's been 10 months since I claimed it. :(

I anticipate having more time to record soon, but I really need to finish the narration for Wives and Daughters, which has been languishing for some time. So if you choose to orphan the role and delete the files I've already recorded, I understand.

If you decide to keep me on, I'll do my best to get it done by the end of the year!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Having just realised that this is an all female casting please could I play Master Jolly.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

wib66 wrote:Having just realised that this is an all female casting please could I play Master Jolly.
Yes, I wonder if lots of potential readers are missing this.

Kristin: maybe if you put the "THIS IS AN ALL FEMALE PRODUCTION" notice nearer to the top of the first post, under the synopsis?

What do you think about changing the thread title to "Open [Play: all-female cast] The Parson's Wedding by T. Killigrew - thw"?

I think our repeating history with this play could be the main selling point for volunteers.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:I admit, I'm not sure what to do about this project. I've recorded 2 out of the 5 files (the shortest two) but I'm very aware it's been 10 months since I claimed it. :(

I anticipate having more time to record soon, but I really need to finish the narration for Wives and Daughters, which has been languishing for some time. So if you choose to orphan the role and delete the files I've already recorded, I understand.

If you decide to keep me on, I'll do my best to get it done by the end of the year!
Hi, you can stay on for now, as the project is still some ways from being done, but if we get closer to getting finished, we can orphan it then:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

wib66 wrote:Having just realised that this is an all female casting please could I play Master Jolly.
Of course, he is yours:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

RobBoard wrote:
Yes, I wonder if lots of potential readers are missing this.

Kristin: maybe if you put the "THIS IS AN ALL FEMALE PRODUCTION" notice nearer to the top of the first post, under the synopsis?

What do you think about changing the thread title to "Open [Play: all-female cast] The Parson's Wedding by T. Killigrew - thw"?

I think our repeating history with this play could be the main selling point for volunteers.
Ohh, good idea, how does it look now?
Kristin