[COMPLETE]The Joss: a Reversion by Richard Marsh-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

zaanta wrote:OK, here's the link again with a "Whitechapel" Luke !

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossreversion_25_marsh_128kb.mp3
Chapter 25 is PL OK, so thank you!

Three very small things for future reference:

1. When you post a link to a chapter, could you please post the run time as well?

2. For future file names, could you please add 'a' between 'joss' and 'reversion'? (And Ann or Alan, could you please pop the 'a' into the file name? I'm told it's possible to alter small things in the file name but I'm afraid that's where my expertise ends!)

3. I really like the Jimi Hendrix quote.

-Erin
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can change the file names very easily when I catalog, so there is no need to upload the file again! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
zaanta

Post by zaanta »

When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
Newgatenovelist

zaanta wrote:Chapter/Section 26 ready at 16 mins

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_26_marsh_128kb.mp3
Thank you very much! Chapter 26 is PL OK.
Erin
zaanta

Post by zaanta »

When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
Newgatenovelist

zaanta wrote:....and Chapter/Section 27 at
15:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_27_marsh_128kb.mp3
That was quick! I'll PL Chapter 27 tomorrow.
Erin
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 27 is brilliant! At the moment, though, it's a wee bit loud. When I ran it through Checker, it came up as 92.4 dB. Could you please lower the volume ever so slightly and upload it again with exactly the same file name? 89 dB, or a dB or two either side of that, is ideal. If you're not certain how to go about it, please post and I'll be quite happy to explain the process (or at least how it works in Audacity).
Erin
hertzm

Post by hertzm »

Hi, I am very new to volunteering for LibriVox, but I would love to volunteer for the first part (chapters 1-8). Let me know what the process is to get started and I'll be ready right away!
zaanta

Post by zaanta »

Hi Erin,

Yeah...sorry about that - it was that "adjective" creature to blame :wink:

I've lowered the volume from the 2 minute mark - otherwise before that will be too quiet - I think??
Please let me know if it needs more adjusting.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_27_marsh_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
david
Newgatenovelist

Thanks, David. It sounds fine, and I've marked it PL OK. You made me laugh - it's a good reading, and you've brought the characters to life!

Happy Halloween to one and all!
Erin
zaanta

Post by zaanta »

Aww ......thanks Erin :oops:
Does my ego good to hear!
Chapter 28 should come tomorrow - appropriate for the "night of the dead" lol
Newgatenovelist

No rush. I intend to spend tomorrow with some Hammer films, eating unhealthy things.
zaanta

Post by zaanta »

Here's 28 at 15:49

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_28_marsh_128kb.mp3

I have noticed that there are a few "errors" in the text - very minor ones:
a full stop missing here.....a misspelling there etc. Also, occasionally a word is missing -
for example when Rudd appears on deck the text says".......an oily rag his hand." I have read
".....an oily rag IN his hand." I trust this level of 'mis-read' is acceptable? :wink:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

zaanta wrote:Here's 28 at 15:49

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jossareversion_28_marsh_128kb.mp3

I have noticed that there are a few "errors" in the text - very minor ones:
a full stop missing here.....a misspelling there etc. Also, occasionally a word is missing -
for example when Rudd appears on deck the text says".......an oily rag his hand." I have read
".....an oily rag IN his hand." I trust this level of 'mis-read' is acceptable? :wink:
That makes complete sense.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 28 sounds absolutely fine. The one thing that I'm going to flag is the sentence (page 263 in the novel) 'The Great Joss' daughter should have Luke's quarters,' which appears at 11.27-11.30. I heard 'The Great Joss' daughter should have Luke's Quavers.' Most of the time slight stumbles aren't a problem, but this might cause a bit of confusion with some listeners who have spent time in the UK. There is a savoury snack (nominally cheese-flavoured) called Quavers sold in supermarkets there. I don't think they're widely available elsewhere (I certainly haven't seen them here, and I'm guessing that you can't get them in Germany), but it does alter the meaning which is why I'm mentioning it. Could you please have another go at the sentence and upload it again?
Erin