COMPLETE The String of Pearls (Sweeney Todd)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote:Page 4. There is a line highlighted in yellow but it isn’t assigned to a character: 'It has been a close chance for you,' said one.
Is it possible to add it to a character that is still outstanding? A possible choice would be “a fat man”
Nemo, since you are being so wonderfully accommodating will you be so kind as to add this extra line to the fat man in chapter 8? :9:
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Hello everybody,

I'm back again, fortunately the test went well. . . I think.
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:And thank you all . . . for so quickly bringing us to "Full"!

MaryAnn
Yoo-hoo! :clap: :thumbs:

I give a great thank you to all readers and PLers, especially Linny, Brian and MaryAnn, for getting this rolling while I was away.
And I'm sorry I left this project so long.

I'll take some time to check more often.

Thanks to all, again.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Since I had time, I checked in some "Ready for PL" recordings.

The Officer Ch. 33 is PL OK :thumbs:
First and Third Citizen Ch. 08 is PL OK :thumbs:

ETA : MW updated.
~Jessie

jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

The Boy Ch. 3 PL OK :thumbs:
~Jessie

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

I was just reading through my parts, and have few comments about Mr Crotchet in chapter 29 in the Google doc ... (I have not read through all 42 pages in the thread, so if this has been mentioned already, just ignore!)

There is some dialogue color-coded for Mr Crotchet that is actually dialogue belonging to Sir Richard, the magistrate:

'A horrible idea forces itself upon my consideration, most horrible! most horrible! most horrible! Well, well, we shall see, we shall see. It may not be so; and yet what a hideous probability stares me in the face! I will go down at once to St Dunstan's and see what they are really about. Yes, yes, I shall not get much sleep, I think now, until some of these mysteries are developed. A most horrible idea, truly!'

Then a little further, there is some more dialogue color-coded for Mr Crotchet that is actually dialogue for Beadle:

'This ain't Sunday, sir; there ain't no service here today.'

'Well, of all the impudence that ever I came near this is the worstest - to ask a beadle what he is about. I beg to say, sir, this here is quite private, and there's the door.'

'Oh, conwulsions! oh, conwulsions! This to a beadle.'

Nemo
Last edited by NemoR on May 8th, 2017, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

linny wrote:
linny wrote:Page 4. There is a line highlighted in yellow but it isn’t assigned to a character: 'It has been a close chance for you,' said one.
Is it possible to add it to a character that is still outstanding? A possible choice would be “a fat man”
Nemo, since you are being so wonderfully accommodating will you be so kind as to add this extra line to the fat man in chapter 8? :9:
Of course!

Nemo
Nemo

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

NemoR wrote:I was just reading through my parts, and have few comments about Mr Crotchet in chapter 29 in the Google doc ... (I have not read through all 42 pages in the thread, so if this has been mentioned already, just ignore!)

There is some dialogue color-coded for Mr Crotchet that is actually dialogue belonging to Sir Richard, the magistrate:

'A horrible idea forces itself upon my consideration, most horrible! most horrible! most horrible! Well, well, we shall see, we shall see. It may not be so; and yet what a hideous probability stares me in the face! I will go down at once to St Dunstan's and see what they are really about. Yes, yes, I shall not get much sleep, I think now, until some of these mysteries are developed. A most horrible idea, truly!'

Then a little further, there is some more dialogue color-coded for Mr Crotchet that is actually dialogue for Beadle:

'Well, of all the impudence that ever I came near this is the worstest - to ask a beadle what he is about. I beg to say, sir, this here is quite private, and there's the door.'

Nemo
Thanks Nemo.

I can PM Annada who is reading for Sir Richard and ask her for that extra line.

For the Beadle, we will have a problem. That role was read by Catrose and she is no longer around. We either have the entire Beadle part re-read for that chapter, or we have another voice read those lines, even though it's not right per the story. In my desire to get this done, I would opt for the second, but perhaps I am being shortsighted, so I'm happy to hear other views!

MaryAnn
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn, would you mind reading the line? I think if it needs to be in a different voice then it's best if it's in the voice of the narrator. We will need one of Tobias' lines done that way as well. I'll start doing some draft editing and see if I can find any other areas for attention.

I'm so excited everyone has come by for the final push on this project. Thank you!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sure Linny, I can read those lines.
MaryAnn
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

MaryAnn & Linny,

There is one line of Beadle in chapter 29 that catrose read, maybe if MaryAnn is reading the other three, she could re-read that one as well, so at least this chapter for Beadle would all be one voice??

'Gracious!' said the beadle, 'I've put my blessed foot in it. Lor' bless us, sir, how should I know as you was Sir Richard? I begs as you won't think nothing o' what I said. If I had a knowed you, in course I shouldn't have said it, you may depend, Sir Richard - I humbly begs your pardon.'

Just a thought!

Nemo
Nemo

BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Annada,

That's Sir Richard CH29, PL OK, note the original file was in stereo, so I have converted it to mono and uploaded it, please see the link below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_sirrichard_29.mp3
Annada wrote:Here is chapter 29 of Sir Richard :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/stringofpearls_sirrichard_29.mp3 (5:41)
BrianL, CC, My Librivox Page
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
Here is a pick up list for Chapter 28. I'll take a look at chapter 29 next.

Chapter 28: Tobias Ragg: This sudden retreat of the man was unexpected by Tobias, who at least thought it was the practice to feed people, even if they were confined to such a place; but the unceremonious departure of the keeper, without so much as mentioning anything about breakfast, began to make Tobias think that the plan by which he was to be got rid of was starvation; and yet that was impossible, for how easy it was to kill him if they felt so disposed! 'Oh, no, no,' he repeated to himself, 'surely they will not starve me to death.'

Chapter 28: Watson: 'Well,' said Mr Watson, as he saluted poor Tobias with a furious kick outside the door, 'what a deal of good you have done!'
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

MaryAnn,

The narrator for CH11 & CH30, are PL OK and MW updated.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

pjcsaville,

Mr Oakley CH38, is PL OK and MW updated.
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
Here is the pick up list for Chapter 29. Please note that Annada caught the color code error and her lines are complete for this chapter. No need to PM her.

As an option to the pickups, you could open up the Role of Beadle to another reader with a note to read both green shades on page 4. You are already reading one of the other characters in this chapter.

Chapter 29 – Beedle: He took the most direct route towards St Dunstan's church, and finding the door of the sacred edifice yielded to the touch, he at once entered it; but he had not advanced many steps before he was met and accosted by the beadle, who said, in a tone of great dignity and authority,-
'I don't suppose there is,' replied the magistrate; 'but I see you have workmen here. What is it you are about?'
'Yes, I see it, and you may go out at it just as soon as you think proper.'