[COMPLETE] Dead Men's Shoes by Mary Elizabeth Braddon - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

You are welcome I have a few other commitments but when I get them done I will come back if there are sections left thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi -

I'll PL these tomorrow (Thursday NZ time).

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi wib66 -

I've PLed Sections 1, 54 and 55. The reading is just fine.

There are a few technical things though.

The file names aren't quite as required. _Braddon_ needs to be in there - have a look at the first page for the format.

Also, for Sections 54 and 55 the volumes are a bit on the high side, being over 92 dB according to Checker. Section 1 is perfect being about 89 dB.

It may be that Todd can fix these when the book is catalogued. Perhaps Todd can answer that.

Otherwise, I've marked the sections as "See PL notes".

I hope you do decide to read more sections when you get a chance.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
wib66

Post by wib66 »

gailtv wrote:Hi wib66 -

I've PLed Sections 1, 54 and 55. The reading is just fine.

There are a few technical things though.

The file names aren't quite as required. _Braddon_ needs to be in there - have a look at the first page for the format.

Also, for Sections 54 and 55 the volumes are a bit on the high side, being over 92 dB according to Checker. Section 1 is perfect being about 89 dB.

It may be that Todd can fix these when the book is catalogued. Perhaps Todd can answer that.

Otherwise, I've marked the sections as "See PL notes".

I hope you do decide to read more sections when you get a chance.

Gail
Hi Gail thanks for that. No problem must have had a blank moment missing out the authors name sorry. will correct and re upload
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I've PLed Sections 1, 54 and 55. [] Also, for Sections 54 and 55 the volumes are a bit on the high side, being over 92 dB according to Checker. Section 1 is perfect being about 89 dB.

It may be that Todd can fix these when the book is catalogued. Perhaps Todd can answer that. [] Gail
I am pretty sure I can correct that volume difference in cataloging. What really needs to be worried about is clipping - that is unfixable without going back to the reader source file.

Thanks, Todd
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Here is section 05: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/deadmensshoes_05_braddon_128kb.mp3
Duration: 36:33

I won't claim more just yet, Stav, but hopefully I'll be back a bit later on in the project :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you very much. I aprisiate what you already did. You know you are welcomed to return whenever you like. (Smile).
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote:

I've PLed Sections 1, 54 and 55. [] Also, for Sections 54 and 55 the volumes are a bit on the high side, being over 92 dB according to Checker. Section 1 is perfect being about 89 dB.

It may be that Todd can fix these when the book is catalogued. Perhaps Todd can answer that. [] Gail
I am pretty sure I can correct that volume difference in cataloging. What really needs to be worried about is clipping - that is unfixable without going back to the reader source file.

Thanks, Todd
Hi these are all now edited and corrected and ready for a spot PL thanks
Michele
angelic1ang

Post by angelic1ang »

I will take section #2 & #3.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Angela,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Section 2 is all yours. However, before you start to record, we need the following things:
1. Please submit a one-minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credeted in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Have fun. If you have questions, please ask.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

chocmuse wrote:Here is section 05: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/deadmensshoes_05_braddon_128kb.mp3
Duration: 36:33

I won't claim more just yet, Stav, but hopefully I'll be back a bit later on in the project :)
Hi Chocmuse -

Section 5 was very well read and the volume was just right.

However, are you able to go back in to your file and reduce the silence at the front to 0.5 sec, and add about 8 sec at the back to take the silence at the end to 10 sec?

Regards

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
angelic1ang

Post by angelic1ang »

miss stav wrote:Hello Angela,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Section 2 is all yours. However, before you start to record, we need the following things:
1. Please submit a one-minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credeted in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose.
Stav.
1. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/AngelaDeanSample.mp3
2. Angela Dean

I am having problems with the a piercing "s" sometimes and I watched a tutorial on how to de-S them using spitfish in Audacity but it did not completely get rid of the issue. It made the final result much more palatable but not perfect. Have any suggestions? I'm very excited to do this and am a noob when it comes to recording or editing. There's lot of help videos to watch but I think there is only so much the software can do.
Regards,
Angela Dean

"A good book makes you want to live in the story. A great book gives you no choice." ~Angela Snyder
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

angelic1ang wrote:
miss stav wrote:Hello Angela,
Stav.
1. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/AngelaDeanSample.mp3
2. Angela Dean

I am having problems with the a piercing "s" sometimes and I watched a tutorial on how to de-S them using spitfish in Audacity but it did not completely get rid of the issue. It made the final result much more palatable but not perfect. Have any suggestions? I'm very excited to do this and am a noob when it comes to recording or editing. There's lot of help videos to watch but I think there is only so much the software can do.
Hi Angela -

I listened to your recording and didn't find your sibilants particularly offensive - I could easily listen to section after section of your reading. The sibilants aren't popping - just seem a bit long and maybe a little whistley. Only a little though. That may just be how you speak.

My son is a professional sound engineer (you'd think my recordings would be better!) and I can ask him. I'll let you know what he suggests.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi I have reuploaded sections 1, 54 and 55 ready for a spot PL thanks
Michele