COMPLETE: War Surgery From Firing Line to Base- Hughes -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

brokengavel wrote:Salutations. I would love to read Chapter 2. Thank you.
Added, thx!
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Pam & Beth files have been added to the MW, thanks both of you. :)
My Catalog Page
smijen

Post by smijen »

Here's 13:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/warsurgery_13_hughes_128kb.mp3
42:21

I actually uploaded it on Aug.25, and then I must have got interrupted by Real Life or some such silliness because I see now that I never posted. I've been waiting for PL notes all this time. :lol: :oops:
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks,
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

smijen wrote:Here's 13:

I actually uploaded it on Aug.25, and then I must have got interrupted by Real Life or some such silliness because I see now that I never posted. I've been waiting for PL notes all this time. :lol: :oops:

Added but already I see an error. Because I'm having to add extra sections for longer chapters, the file number is wrong. I have you on the MW for Section 12 - Antiseptics.
My Catalog Page
smijen

Post by smijen »

BellonaTimes wrote:Added but already I see an error. Because I'm having to add extra sections for longer chapters, the file number is wrong. I have you on the MW for Section 12 - Antiseptics.
Yeah, I anticipated that a while back. See Jo's post here: viewtopic.php?p=1157782#p1157782

So my intro and outro just say "Chapter 12" - no section number. It was 13 when I recorded, it's 14 today, and could be 15 or 16 when all is said and done. If everything is PL OK, it's easy enough to change the file names in the background. You will just have to be careful about people overwriting each other's files when they upload!
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

This is why I avoided using the section number completely - I think the chance of someone uploading over the top of someone else's file approaches inevitability! And since my part is very late in the book, I used the Chapter number and Part number in both my intro/outro and the file name. (i.e. Chapter 21, Part 1)

I suggest this might be the simplest way, and avoid constantly changing file names, as the section numbers may keep changing right up until the project is all recorded.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Please stick to the standard filenames. I'll keep it straight on the back end as we go along. It will just make it more complicated if everybody does their own thing.

Chapter number and part in the intro and outro and section number as it stands in the MW (at the time you upload) in the filename.

Thanks

ETA: Note to our DPL - Use the links in the MW for prooflistening not the ones in the thread.
Jo
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I might wait until I see if I get any PL notes before I change anything. Then I can make all the changes at once.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:Please stick to the standard filenames. I'll keep it straight on the back end as we go along. It will just make it more complicated if everybody does their own thing.

Chapter number and part in the intro and outro and section number as it stands in the MW (at the time you upload) in the filename.

Thanks

ETA: Note to our DPL - Use the links in the MW for prooflistening not the ones in the thread.
Whew! Okay, I understand about the links - something I try to do anyway.

But, what to do, for instance, when I read Chapter 20, which, as I mentioned earlier, will need to be divided into two sections? (over 14,000 words) I can't name them the same, but I don't want to overwrite another section.

I will PL just as soon as I can - about 3 hours waiting already!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Just ask for another section, Larry. If you know you will need it now, we can add it before you start like I have done with mine.

ETA: Done
Jo
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Dear B.T., Jo, and Silverquill,

I just recorded Section 9 (Chapter 6, part 2) and it came in at 1 hour and twenty minutes, so it's going to have to be split in two. Sorry!

I will split it and start editing and upload it when the MW is adjusted. This is going to mess up the succeeding sections, of course. Awful!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

smijen wrote:Here's 13:

Well, it was certainly worth waiting for! Skillfully read and medical terms handled correctly and with alacrity! I can't believe I'd never heard of brilliant green before. So much to learn . . . .

Which section are you reading next?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

pnagami wrote:Dear B.T., Jo, and Silverquill,

I just recorded Section 9 (Chapter 6, part 2) and it came in at 1 hour and twenty minutes, so it's going to have to be split in two. Sorry!

I will split it and start editing and upload it when the MW is adjusted. This is going to mess up the succeeding sections, of course. Awful!

Pam
Not a problem as I said above. As long as we keep the section numbers out of the recordings, it's easy enough for me to adjust the filenames as we go along.
Jo
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'd like to do
Ch 22 - Burns
Ch 23 - Conditions Particular to Airmen

As far as I can judge, they will fit nicely into one section each.
Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com