COMP With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray (1828 - 1917).
This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/with-christ-in-the-school-of-prayer-by-andrew-murray-2/
“We have become so accustomed to limit the wonderful love and the large promises of our God, that we cannot read the simplest and clearest statements of our Lord without the qualifying clauses by which we guard and expound them”. This is what Andrew Murray writes in the preface to this practical and scriptural volume on the practice of prayer. This book has been of tremendous help to generations of believers as they have sought a more effective prayer life. It opens with the words of the disciples, “Lord, teach us to pray”. And so opens the school of prayer to which believers are invited. ( Christopher Smith)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/withchristinscho00murr
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of With Christ in the School of Prayer. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "With Christ in the School of Prayer, by Andrew Murray. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of With Christ in the School of Prayer, by Andrew Murray. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename withchristintheschoolofprayer_##_murray_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. withchristintheschoolofprayer_01_murray_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Fiddlesticks has kindly agreed to DPL this project.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Checking in as DPL! I am really looking forward to working on another book with you :D
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Thanks Tiffany, it's great to have you doing the DPL, and looking forward to starting. :D
Chris
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You're set up.

You could probably shorten the file name if you like: either "withchrist" or "schoolofprayer" would work well, I think. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Going Solo...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Many thanks Tricia, and thanks too for the thought of shortening the file name - great idea.
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Tiffany, I've made a start with the Preface - quite a short chapter :)
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

And the preface is PL OK!
That was a short chapter :)
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Chapter 1, the First Lesson, is now ready for PL.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Chapter 1 is PL OK.

I came across a good quote about prayer today, and thought it was good!
If you don't pray often, you won't gain a love for praying. Prayer is work, and therefore it is not very appealing to our natural sensibilities. But the simple rule for prayer is this: Begin praying and your taste for prayer will increase. The more you pray, the more you will acquire the desire for prayer, the energy for prayer, and the sense of purpose in prayer.
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Thanks Tiffany, that's a great quote, and lots of practical wisdom there - really helpful. I remember coming across another quote about prayer a while ago. It was from a former Archbishop of Canterbury, William Temple, responding to a sceptical comment that when prayers seem to be answered, it's just coincidence. His response was "When I pray, coincidences happen. When I don't pray, they don't happen"!

Chapter 2 is now uploaded and ready for PL :)
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

That is a great quote! Short, but so meaningful, especially to someone who has bad many prayers answered :D

Chapter 2 is PL OK.
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

fiddlesticks wrote:Life is crazy right now, so I may take a while to get to pling, but I will get there!
No worries Tiffany, there's no rush, do take all the time you need - I know life can get a little crazy from time to time! :D

Chapter 3 now uploaded and ready for PL.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Just one thing for section 3, you did not say 'end of lesson' at the end
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

fiddlesticks wrote:Just one thing for section 3, you did not say 'end of lesson' at the end
Thanks Tiffany, well spotted! On checking back I found I'd made the same mistake in section 1! :oops: I've corrected and re-uploaded both sections and adjusted the timing - a few extra seconds in each.

I've also recorded and uploaded the Fourth Lesson, now ready for PL.
Chris