COMPL Commentary on the Book of Genesis by Matthew Henry-rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Chapter 50 is PL OK!
~Tiffany
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

At long last, here is Ch. 16, Sec. 19. Have you ever noticed that trying to edit the flops and foibles out of a long chapter is much like attempting to close a trunk or suitcase loaded to twice its capacity!? Thank you for any and all plosive assistance; I'll pay better heed to my microphone positioning in future.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/commentarygenesis_19_henry_128kb.mp3
33:12
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

A quick note to the DPL: Please be paying attention to "Abram" vs. "Abraham", and "Sarai" vs. "Sarah". I'm so usd to thinking of them both in covenant terms that I constantly wanted to read "Abraham" when the Ch. 16 text said "Abram", etc.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Bethesda Lily! I worked on the plosives; it's not as bad as you made it sound! In fact I don't think it's bad at all. I suppressed a few of the more prominent ones but in general I don't think you need to worry. But let's see what our proof-listener says, too. Maybe it takes a keener ear!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you, I should be able to pl within the next few days
~Tiffany
hdave

Post by hdave »

I was looking at MW & see Section 25, Chapter 22 is still flagged PL notes. I cannot find the PL on this, but if there is a problem, I can take care of it. Please let me know.
Dave Harrell
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Tiffany,
Per PM I can DPL for you. :mrgreen:
Last edited by linny on July 14th, 2016, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

hdave wrote:I was looking at MW & see Section 25, Chapter 22 is still flagged PL notes. I cannot find the PL on this, but if there is a problem, I can take care of it. Please let me know.
Hi Dave,
I found this so it looks like the MW is just a tad behind. Thank you for double checking!
fiddlesticks wrote:Thank you, and Sections 48 and 25 are PL OK!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thanks so much linny!

hdave, I also could not find any pl notes so just to be sure I looked through my notebook of PL OK notes and LV stuff and I had a not written down for it and scratched it out cause it was for the wrong project, so I probably just forgot to change the MW. Sorry about that, and thanks for checking in!
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sections 47 and 53 are open.
~Tiffany
linny

Post by linny »

bethesdalily wrote:At long last, here is Ch. 16, Sec. 19. Have you ever noticed that trying to edit the flops and foibles out of a long chapter is much like attempting to close a trunk or suitcase loaded to twice its capacity!? Thank you for any and all plosive assistance; I'll pay better heed to my microphone positioning in future.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/commentarygenesis_19_henry_128kb.mp3
33:12
bethesdalily wrote:A quick note to the DPL: Please be paying attention to "Abram" vs. "Abraham", and "Sarai" vs. "Sarah". I'm so usd to thinking of them both in covenant terms that I constantly wanted to read "Abraham" when the Ch. 16 text said "Abram", etc.
PL notes:
1:57 missing " who was his secondary wife"
15:22 "II. How he examined her..." Read as "number" and should be "numeral"
32:42 "1. Many who can call Abraham father are yet born after the flesh" Read as "Abram"
Ending silence: since this recording is longer than 30 minutes the ending silence should be 10 seconds.

Beginning at 22:25 you have processed differently. Please check to ensure you noise cleaned this second section.

I applaud you (and all the readers here). These are not simple readings. :clap:
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Thank you so much. I will edit as soon as possible--hopefully by Sunday evening, if not sooner.
Bethesda Lily

linny

Post by linny »

:help:
Rapunzelina,
I have taken over DPL duties for Larry. May I have MW access, please?
Thank you,
Linny
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Oh, I was going to pm rapunzelia and let her know, and forgot :roll:
~Tiffany
linny

Post by linny »

fiddlesticks wrote:Oh, I was going to pm rapunzelia and let her know, and forgot :roll:
No worries. I was just wondering through and noticed I hadn't updated the MW. Then I figured out why. :lol: