COMPLETE: Romance of the Forest, Ann Radcliffe - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

restlessharp wrote:Ah, I was wondering why that one wasn't claimed yet! :) Good point, I'll take Chapter 17 first. I'll be using my own name, Terry Hergesheimer, on the recordings.

Thanks!
Terry
OK, I'm creating a reader file for you now, so in 5 mins you'll be officially in the MW! :thumbs:

Go ahead and record - there's a lot of information in the first post, but if you work through it in order from top to bottom all the details you need should be in there. Feel free to post here and ask if you get stuck - Welcome to the team! :mrgreen:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapters 24-26 are orphaned - these are nice short ones if anyone wants to switch! ;)
jkg5

Post by jkg5 »

ok thanks for the information on chapter 12 mp3.

I would like Chapter 14 and have received approval but it still shows open on the forum grid. I will record and upload. Thanks
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It shows Assigned to me - maybe try refreshing the page or clearing your cache?

Anyway, it definitely is assigned to you so go ahead and record! :thumbs:
jkg5

Post by jkg5 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/romanceoftheforest_14_radcliffe_128kb.mp3

Here is chapter 14 time is 38:46

Please allow me to record Chapter 15 please :9:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sure! Thank you! I've signed you up for section 15!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Chapter 14 is PL'd. Needs one correction at 1:38. "renewed her entries" should be "renewed her entreaties." Otherwise, very good reading of a long chapter. :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
jcooper84

Post by jcooper84 »

Can I have Ch. 24-26? This will be my first recording, and I'll use my name: Jamie Leigh Cooper on the recording.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for doing your 1 min test! I'll give you those chapters but please wait until you have feedback from your test before recording - your test sounds a bit too soft to me. I'm not technical enough to give you solid advice on that though, which the people in the listeners forum are!

Once your test is OK, come back here and record! All the instructions you need are in the first post, but post here if you get stuck! :thumbs:
heeheekitty

Post by heeheekitty »

Hello everyone!
Candybatch, you were successful in tempting me over ;) I'll try my best with section 5.

Cheers,
Tina
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yay! Thanks Tina! :thumbs: I look forward to hearing more of your work!

Candy.
jkg5

Post by jkg5 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/romanceoftheforest_14_radcliffe_128kb.mp3

Here is the corrected 14th chapter. I corrected the word entreaties. Thanks :clap:
heeheekitty

Post by heeheekitty »

This is quite irrelevant, but i need to share my anguish...yesterday i accidentally deleted my almost finished (veeery loooong) chapter 5 beyond all chance of retrieval, and had to start afresh... i immediately got on the horse again, but progress is slow. bear with me.
Tina
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

heeheekitty wrote:This is quite irrelevant, but i need to share my anguish...yesterday i accidentally deleted my almost finished (veeery loooong) chapter 5 beyond all chance of retrieval, and had to start afresh... i immediately got on the horse again, but progress is slow. bear with me.
I understand your anguish. I remember one time I was recording something with audacity. I'd minimized the screen, thinking everything was fine. Well, I had somehow messed up and absolutely no audio was being recorded. Aaarrrrgghhh!!! :evil:

Good luck with the new recording :D
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I feel your pain. When I had just started here I once deleted a file before getting the final "PL OK". I had never done it before and of course I've never done it since! :roll: