[COMPLETE] The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Just a little update on where we are: I finished the book just before Christmas:D

Two sections are ready for me to edit and post for last PL, and I'll get to them as soon as I can:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
msfry

Post by msfry »

My update. I have all of Kristen's raw files on my machine, ready to edit. The holidays were a whirlwind of parties and freezing snowstorms, then my Mom and many in her assisted living facility got real sick, bed ridden and requiring daily care, the staff wearing masks to protect themselves from the flu, and I started an exercise regimen for fear if I didn't push away from my computer and exercise, I would not have the stamina to care for her properly! It's been a month of swimming 3 times a week, and I am sleeping better, feeling stronger. And after 2 rounds of antibiotics and lots of homemade soup, Mom is finally getting better.

All my projects have been suffering, but are still very much alive and dear to my heart. We'll get there. :wink:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Michelle.
Pleas take care of yourself. Exercise is the best thing you can do for youself and your mom. Keep it up!!!! :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm back too! I've been DPLing another Zola book (The Markets of Paris) which has just completed, so I'm ready for this one whenever the rest of the team is!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks everybody for checking in. This project is a go . . . . maybe a go slow . . . . but still a go. Good things take time.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Section 25 and 26 fixed and re-uploaded, with times 26:15 and 30:16
Kristin

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 25 and 26 are now both PL OK.

I have added the duration of the files to the MW, since I presume this will be needed at the end.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote: April 10th, 2018, 2:07 am Sections 25 and 26 are now both PL OK.

I have added the duration of the files to the MW, since I presume this will be needed at the end.
:thumbs:
Kristin

msfry

Post by msfry »

Yeah! Maybe we'll be finished by LV's 13th birthday in August. Lets make sure Elizabby is still getting notices. Knock Knock you there?
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Let's hope so! I have the quitest week I've had in a while right now, so I'm hoping to get to a few each day.
Kristin

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, I'm here. I'll listen to at least one of these chapters today.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Liz. All of us present and accounted for. Yeah. How exciting, I've been waiting for this to come together. I knew it would eventually. Now I gotta get busy searching for some good cover art. If any of you run across something let me know.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Michele - are you going to put the links and file lengths in the MW? Or do you want me to do that? It isn't normally part of the DPL job, so I thought I'd ask.

For images lately I've been using Unsplash - lots of good photos there! All modern though, nothing period appropriate.
msfry

Post by msfry »

When Kristen uploads her final files (remember I'm editing her raw files and sending them to her privately with my preliminary PL Notes), I'll put those in the MW and mark them ready for PL, and you and Kristen can take it from there.