[COMPLETE] The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

thistlechick wrote: September 5th, 2018, 6:09 am Kristin, I am so enjoying your recording of The Ladies' Paradise. I've been watching the BBC version and hadn't ever read anything by this author. There are of course many differences between the show and the book, but I am pleased with the similarities. I love the descriptions of the shops and all of the details of the goods for sale. Your voice adds a level of richness that I never could have imagined. Thank you so much for putting your voice to this book and sharing the delights of the Ladies' Paradise with us!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and thank you for putting it in Goodreads:D
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
msfry

Post by msfry »

thistlechick wrote: September 5th, 2018, 6:13 am Also, I have cataloged this book on GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41718113-the-ladies-paradise

Thanks for those compliments to Kristen. Pretty awesome for her first solo, eh? I am so proud of her. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just finished listening to the whole book, Kristin, and found it thoroughly absorbing, fresh and new. A listener hears it quite differently from an editor/proof listener who is necessarily concerned with pronunciation, pacing, and scouting for errors. That Zola, he was so full of words!!!!

Please tell me how you catalog a book on GoodReads, Betsie. I was thrilled to see it there, and with my cover art, no less. :D
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

msfry wrote: September 5th, 2018, 8:08 am Please tell me how you catalog a book on GoodReads, Betsie. I was thrilled to see it there, and with my cover art, no less. :D
Once you have the status of "librarian" at GoodReads, you can edit and add book records. Here is the link on their help pages that leads to a link to apply to be a "librarian". It's pretty simple to do: https://www.goodreads.com/help/librarian
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!