COMPLETE: Dynamic Thought/Law of Vibrant Energy-Atkinson - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

This is an abandoned solo. Let’s help get this to the catalog. :)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on the catalog page.

https://librivox.org/dynamic-thought-by-william-walker-atkinson/
This is a queer book. It is a marriage of the Ancient Occult Teachings to the latest and most advanced conceptions of Modern Science--an odd union, for the parties thereto are of entirely different temperaments. The marriage might be expected to result disastrously, were it not for the fact that a connecting link has been found that gives them a bond of common interest. No two people may truly love each other, unless they also love something in common--the more they love in common, the greater will be their love for each other. And, let us trust that this will prove true in this marriage of Occultism and Science, celebrated in this book. - William Walker Atkinson
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41892
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: Standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Self-Help; *Non-fiction/Philosophy/Early Modern; *Non-fiction/Psychology

Keywords that describe the book: metaphysics, Occult, new thought movement

============================================
    6. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
      No more than 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      START of recording (Intro):
      • "Chapter [number] of Dynamic Thought; Or, The Law of Vibrant Energy, by William Walker Atkinson. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        [Chapter number and title]"

END of recording:
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Dynamic Thought; Or, The Law of Vibrant Energy, by William Walker Atkinson. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording
    7. Example filename dynamicthought_##_atkinson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dynamicthought_01_atkinson_128kb.mp3)
    8. Example ID3 V2 tags (NOTE: ID3 tags are optional - they are added automatically during cataloging)
      Artist: William Walker Atkinson
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Dynamic Thought; Or, The Law of Vibrant Energy

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
      Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by linny on August 14th, 2018, 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

For instructions on how to launch a solo project, please see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

Then you will need to fill out the Project Template Generator. (Detailed instructions here: Tips for Using the New Project Template Generator)

You can edit your top post in this thread to post the template or start a new thread and we can delete this one at that point.
Jo
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:For instructions on how to launch a solo project, please see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

Then you will need to fill out the Project Template Generator. (Detailed instructions here: Tips for Using the New Project Template Generator)

You can edit your top post in this thread to post the template or start a new thread and we can delete this one at that point.

Hi! I have edited my post, correctly I hope. I failed to copy the entire code after submitting project. Is there anything else I've missed? Thank you for your assistance!

:D
Wordnerd
“You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes it's all there now. For future reference, we use the link to the gutenberg download page in this format: www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41892 Otherwise, it's fine. :)

I can set this up for you a little later today if another MC doesn't pick it up before then. :)
Jo
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

Great! Thanks Jo!

:clap: Sandra
“You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sandra,

This project is now set up in the database. Since this will be your first project as soloist/book coordinator(BC), you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

Please also note I have shortened the suggested filenames and added the _128kb.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll leave this thread here in the Launch Pad for a day or so longer before I move it to the Going Solo forum, to see if a DPL (Dedicated Prooflistener) volunteers. Looking forward to working with you.
Jo
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

Hi Jo,

All done with BC set up and I've entered chapter titles. Since it's a solo, do I need to put in the word count? What happens if I don't get a volunteer DPL? :shock: I should be able to upload the first three sections tomorrow.

Thanks for not letting me hang out here all by myself! lol! :) :thumbs: and for holding my clammy newbie hand!

Thanks again!

Sandra
Wordnerd :shock:

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

No, you don't need to put in the word counts for a solo. Just add the durations to the notes field when you post the links. If you don't get a drive-by DPL, then you can advertise for on in the Listeners Wanted forum once you have some files posted. You can read all about how to do so here.
Jo
phaedo

Post by phaedo »

I'd be happy to DPL this.
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

Hi JO,
:clap: happy to have a DPL now! :9:

Sandra

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net
phaedo

Post by phaedo »

Section 1 PL notes: Ideally would start intro disclaimer with "A Foreword of . . ." or "A Foreword to . . ." rather than "The Foreword of . . .". Passage reading begins with "No two people . . .", but this seems to skip the first three sentences of the section text. Neither of these notes renders the recording unacceptable, as both are quite minor, so if you don't want to fix them I can go ahead and OK this.
phaedo

Post by phaedo »

Section 2 PL notes: I think intro disclaimer should come before anything, even though the W.H. Carruth quote precedes Chapter 1 in the text. knotyouraveragejo, could you confirm? Additionally, the intro disclaimer does not match the template.
phaedo

Post by phaedo »

Section 3 PL OK.
WordNerd

Post by WordNerd »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dynamicthought_01_atkinson_128kb.mp3 7:59

I found the "lost text" where I pasted an edit over it and forgot to pull in back in... (oops) so the forward is intact in its entirety.

I also took your cue and and changes "the" to the verbatim in the text. Ready for you to spot PL.

BTW, I don't know if I need to put the link in my posts since it's a solo and I'm also the one updating the magic window, but it's a habit now so I guess there's no harm.

Thanks!!
:lol:

WordNerd
www.sandraknight.net