COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Oh, my! I'm the last one to go! I'll prioritize this.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapters 56, 58, and 59 are all PL OK! Just one more chapter to go to finish this project :clap:
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I'm unable to record this last chapter today, but hopefully I can at least make a dent in it tomorrow.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Twinkle88 wrote:I'm unable to record this last chapter today, but hopefully I can at least make a dent in it tomorrow.
Great! Thanks :)
~Maggie

ChristopherPowers

Post by ChristopherPowers »

Twinkle88 and the rest of the Sir Gibbie team: I just want you to know that I've been looking forward to this project for quite some time :) The George MacDonald anthology that CS Lewis put together quotes from Sir Gibbie more than almost any of MacDonald's other books, so I'm excited to hear the whole story. So, just be encouraged that your work is appreciated and anticipated.

- Christopher
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

ChristopherPowers wrote:Twinkle88 and the rest of the Sir Gibbie team: I just want you to know that I've been looking forward to this project for quite some time :) The George MacDonald anthology that CS Lewis put together quotes from Sir Gibbie more than almost any of MacDonald's other books, so I'm excited to hear the whole story. So, just be encouraged that your work is appreciated and anticipated.

- Christopher
Thank you so very much, Christopher, for taking time to share this! It does encourage me -and the other readers, I hope! You connected the work we do with the audience that will appreciate our work and it's important to not lose sight of that. Hopefully, we will have this wrapped up shortly! Thank you again for sharing! :D
~Maggie

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I'm so sorry -- I'm going to have to give up my claim on this. :sad: But maybe someone else can supply a quick turnaround. :)
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Twinkle88 wrote:I'm so sorry -- I'm going to have to give up my claim on this. :sad: But maybe someone else can supply a quick turnaround. :)
That's okay-thank you so much for your readings! I'll take this section and wrap up the project.
~Maggie

ChristopherPowers

Post by ChristopherPowers »

maggietravers wrote:
ChristopherPowers wrote:Twinkle88 and the rest of the Sir Gibbie team: I just want you to know that I've been looking forward to this project for quite some time :) The George MacDonald anthology that CS Lewis put together quotes from Sir Gibbie more than almost any of MacDonald's other books, so I'm excited to hear the whole story. So, just be encouraged that your work is appreciated and anticipated.

- Christopher
Thank you so very much, Christopher, for taking time to share this! It does encourage me -and the other readers, I hope! You connected the work we do with the audience that will appreciate our work and it's important to not lose sight of that. Hopefully, we will have this wrapped up shortly! Thank you again for sharing! :D
Indeed, Maggie. I am currently working as a full time artist and so I spend lots of time sketching which I try to redeem by listening to thought/imagination provoking content. I've listened to many, many LibriVox books over the last 2 or so years! It's a great service.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapter 57
Time 15:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_57_macdonald_128kb.mp3

This is the last needed chapter for this project. MaryAnn, if you could PL this for me, please, I would appreciate it! Then, it'll be ready for cataloging! :thumbs:

Thank you so very much for all the readers and MaryAnn in your help to complete this project :clap:
~Maggie

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Maggie,
Section 57 is PL OK. I'll start cataloging.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete and can be found in our catalog here: https://librivox.org/sir-gibbie-by-george-macdonald/
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hurray! Great job, everyone! :clap:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

So exciting to see this completed!! It was great working with you, Maggie! Reading for Sir Gibbie was my first recording on LibriVox.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary