COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 22: Refuge

Run time 27:03. Didn't realize what a long one this was! Whew! I've had Scottish running through my heid--oops, I mean head--all day! :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_22_macdonald_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, also, in that last one, right at about 04:06, the text is kinda funny. I'm almost convinced that part of a word is missing or something, so I really just guessed. If you have any ideas or suggestions as to what that maybe is supposed to be, I'm certainly open to re-recording that bit.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And chapter 23. 20:55.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_23_macdonald_128kb.mp3

I've got some issues in this one with the mic picking up some plosive wind kind of noises. Grr. Let me know if you think it's too much, and I will see what I can do. There's no way to really edit those out, right?

I have a headset mic. I think what I will try to do is start positioning the microphone arm up, more towards my nose or eyes, and away from my mouth. That should work, yeah?
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

For some reason, I'm not showing section 25, 26, and 60 in the MW now or the latter posts I know I posted. :hmm: I've tried shutting down my internet browser and logging out/in to Librivox with no avail. Going to wait and try to do it again and see if it's something with the site.
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yeah, something weird is definitely happening. I couldn't load lv at all earlier this morning, but I thought it was my computer. Now not only is there stuff missing from the MW, but also about three weeks worth of posts, it looks like. :shock:

If this doesn't resolve itself, and it becomes necessary, I can re-upload my chapters. I still have them all saved.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi guys,
There's a system error, see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62481
Better not post or upload until it's fixed...
Anna
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for the heads-up.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded to recover any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

Specifically for this project, I can tell that there was activity in the forums since September 15. Can’t tell exactly what . . . but we probably have a few things to do to get this project brought current again. Here are the instructions for projects with activity since September 15th:

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

For BCs: If you remember any claims to your project, please enter them again into the MW.
For readers:
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate.

MaryAnn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bummer, but we will rebuild! As I said, I have all my chapters, still. I'm out of town for the next week, so will probably upload all of them Sunday the 23rd. I believe that the chapters I had claimed but not recorded were 33-35.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded to recover any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

Specifically for this project, I can tell that there was activity in the forums since September 15. Can’t tell exactly what . . . but we probably have a few things to do to get this project brought current again. Here are the instructions for projects with activity since September 15th:

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

For BCs: If you remember any claims to your project, please enter them again into the MW.
For readers:
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate.

MaryAnn
Thank you so much! So thankful it was not just me or my computer :) I will work on this and see if I can get this project sorted. I know for sure that I don't have any files downloaded. I listen from online without downloading when DPLing.

*EDIT* I do remember that Chapter 60's PL Notes were that the intro was incomplete and needed to be corrected but that everything else in that file was PL OK.
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

mightyfelix wrote:Bummer, but we will rebuild! As I said, I have all my chapters, still. I'm out of town for the next week, so will probably upload all of them Sunday the 23rd. I believe that the chapters I had claimed but not recorded were 33-35.

Please do upload the files that you have completed and I will reassign you chapters 33-35. Didn't you also record chapters 25-26? :lol:

I also remember a newbie asking for chapter 32, but they hadn't responded with a Reader Page name and I don't remember their username :shock:
~Maggie

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I do have Chs. 25 & 26. They are complete and were PL ok.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

mightyfelix wrote:Yes, I do have Chs. 25 & 26. They are complete and were PL ok.
That's what I was thinking but they'll need to be uploaded again. Also, check back through the MW and see what others you claimed and/or submitted. I know that all the files you had done already were PL OK. Thanks!
~Maggie

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I did look, but I think that was it. I will upload all, but not until next Sunday (week from tomorrow), because I am out of town.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, sorry. Also 29 and 30.