COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

markpenfold wrote:Section 15 ("Donal Grant") is completed:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_15_macdonald_128kb.mp3

File size is 8.94 MB; Duration 9:46

Thanks! I have it in the MW and will try to PL it soon. The unusual snow is throwing me for a loop! Got you in for section 47 too :)
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

HannahMary wrote:Hello! I am a long-time fan of George MacDonald in general and Sir Gibbie in particular. I am new to Librivox (though I have listened for a couple of years), so I am reading the directions meticulously and hope I follow them correctly! Please let me know if I do something wrong.

Could I read section #17, Secret Service, for starters?

HannahMary

HannahMary, I would love to have your contribution to this project! Before you do anything else, I need you to do a 1 minute test please. The instructions are in your welcome email or here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, so someone can give you feedback on it. Once that recording gets approved by an admin, I'll officially assign that chapter/section to you :) This allows you to work out the "kinks" with the technical side of recordings before recording something much more lengthy. I will hold this chapter for you until then.

Please, let us know if you have any questions. We are all volunteers and here to help each other :)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

markpenfold wrote:I would like to read Chapter 47, "A Lesson of Wisdom".
Absolutely! Thanks, Mark :)
~Maggie

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

maggietravers wrote:
HannahMary wrote:Hello! I am a long-time fan of George MacDonald in general and Sir Gibbie in particular. I am new to Librivox (though I have listened for a couple of years), so I am reading the directions meticulously and hope I follow them correctly! Please let me know if I do something wrong.

Could I read section #17, Secret Service, for starters?

HannahMary

HannahMary, I would love to have your contribution to this project! Before you do anything else, I need you to do a 1 minute test please. The instructions are in your welcome email or here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, so someone can give you feedback on it. Once that recording gets approved by an admin, I'll officially assign that chapter/section to you :) This allows you to work out the "kinks" with the technical side of recordings before recording something much more lengthy. I will hold this chapter for you until then.

Please, let us know if you have any questions. We are all volunteers and here to help each other :)
Thanks!
Here is the 1 minute test I just posted.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59574
HannahMary
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

maggietravers wrote:
markpenfold wrote:Section 15 ("Donal Grant") is completed:

File size is 8.94 MB; Duration 9:46

Thanks! I have it in the MW and will try to PL it soon. The unusual snow is throwing me for a loop! Got you in for section 47 too :)
This file is too loud at 93.7 dB. Please deamplify close to 89dB and reupload. Otherwise, it is PL OK!! Great reading!
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

[quote=Here is the 1 minute test I just posted.
HannahMary[/quote]

Thanks, HannahMary! I see that they have listened to it. I will wait until the tech issues are resolved and your file is marked OK. Great start though! I will continue to hold this section for you, so no worries :)
~Maggie

markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Here's Chapter 15, hopefully not as loud. I should hope Auphonic is as good as I think it is, but we shall see!

Same duration and file size....I'm glad the volume was the only thing wrong!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

markpenfold wrote:Here's Chapter 15, hopefully not as loud. I should hope Auphonic is as good as I think it is, but we shall see!

Same duration and file size....I'm glad the volume was the only thing wrong!

This is still too loud at 92.5dB. The absolute highest it can be is 92dB, but I prefer as close to 89dB as you can get. You would need to deamplify it by -3.5dB, please :)
~Maggie

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark,

I find it a little tricky on Auphonics to get the volume right. Auphonics uses a different scale and I find that their conversions from "lufs" (or whatever it is called) to "dB" are a bit off. I'm away from my normal computer, so I can't tell you what setting I use, but it's a bit quieter one than what I would have guessed from their description.

MaryAnn
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

maggietravers wrote:[quote=Here is the 1 minute test I just posted.
HannahMary

Thanks, HannahMary! I see that they have listened to it. I will wait until the tech issues are resolved and your file is marked OK. Great start though! I will continue to hold this section for you, so no worries :)[/quote]

Thanks! I got the OK, have recorded chapter 17, and am working on editing it per my "listener's" suggestions. Should get the file to you soon.
HannahMary
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Mark,

I find it a little tricky on Auphonics to get the volume right. Auphonics uses a different scale and I find that their conversions from "lufs" (or whatever it is called) to "dB" are a bit off. I'm away from my normal computer, so I can't tell you what setting I use, but it's a bit quieter one than what I would have guessed from their description.

MaryAnn

Well, let's see if Audacity did the trick! This one may be TOO quiet, but, I'll let you be the judge of that! :lol:

m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

markpenfold wrote:

MaryAnn

Well, let's see if Audacity did the trick! This one may be TOO quiet, but, I'll let you be the judge of that! :lol:

At 88.5dB, it's perfect! Thanks Mark! PL OK :)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

HannahMary wrote:[quote=Here is the 1 minute test I just posted.
HannahMary
maggietravers wrote:
Thanks, HannahMary! I see that they have listened to it. I will wait until the tech issues are resolved and your file is marked OK. Great start though! I will continue to hold this section for you, so no worries :)[/quote wrote:
HannahMary wrote:[quote=Thanks! I got the OK, have recorded chapter 17, and am working on editing it per my "listener's" suggestions. Should get the file to you soon.
HannahMary

Great! I will create for you a Reader's Page that will allow listeners to follow the projects that you record :) I will need to know what name you would like to use for it. Some people use their username and others use their real names. Here is mine, if you would like to look at it https://librivox.org/reader/9599?primary_key=9599&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results It allows you to see which of my projects are complete, which are in progress, which are collaborated works, which are solos, etc. I will also need to know if you have any websites that you would like me to link your page to.
~Maggie

markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

maggietravers wrote:
markpenfold wrote:

MaryAnn

At 88.5dB, it's perfect! Thanks Mark! PL OK :)
AWESOME!!!!! :D :D :D I always knew Audacity would come through for me in a pinch!!!!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

maggietravers wrote:
HannahMary wrote:[quote=Here is the 1 minute test I just posted.
HannahMary
maggietravers wrote:
Thanks, HannahMary! I see that they have listened to it. I will wait until the tech issues are resolved and your file is marked OK. Great start though! I will continue to hold this section for you, so no worries :)[/quote wrote:
Great! I will create for you a Reader's Page that will allow listeners to follow the projects that you record :) I will need to know what name you would like to use for it. Some people use their username and others use their real names. Here is mine, if you would like to look at it https://librivox.org/reader/9599?primary_key=9599&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results It allows you to see which of my projects are complete, which are in progress, which are collaborated works, which are solos, etc. I will also need to know if you have any websites that you would like me to link your page to.
Oh, I didn't know about the Reader's Pages. Thanks for showing me how that works. I will have my reader name be Hannah Mary. And my website is: http://comebestill.blogspot.com/
Thanks again!
Hannah
~ Hannah