complete The Men Who Found America by F Hutchinson - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi elijah, another thing:

please watch your file names and follow the scheme outlined in the first post carefully.

this is also very important for the projects you are bc'ing. thank you!
Carolin
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

It still needs some tweaking. You began it with "The Men Who Found America: A Preface to Parents". It needs to be changed to "Preface of The Men Who Found America" This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. The rest of the intro is correct.

The filename also needs to be corrected. It's important for cataloging and the following chapters. The filename needs to be menwhofoundamerica_00_hutchinson.mp3

Please pay careful attention to these. Once we get these bugs worked out, the rest should go much smoother!
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
ej400

Post by ej400 »

The Preface does say "A preface to Parents", and that's why I said that. But I do see your point, and I will fix it.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

ej400 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/menwhofoundamerica_00_hutchinson.mp3

Here is preface. I am so sorry for the long hold.

Great to have you back, Elijah! And thanks for fixing the intro and ending silence length. PL OK! :clap:
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Elijah, I have not listened to chapters 1 and 2 yet but have done a preliminary check on technical specs. The preface was at 91.9 dB, which is at the topmost range and a bit on the loud side. Chapter 1 is too low at 81.5 and chapter 2 is too low at 82.3 and got this error notice "The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz)." Try to get your files, especially on a solo project, around 89 dB. By being consistent between sections it keeps the listener from having to adjust their volume for each chapter.

You will need to adjust chapters 1 and 2 and reload them, please. I look forward to then listening to them!
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

I will try to PL these within the next week. Between Thanksgiving Day celebrations and my oldest's 16th birthday in a few days...real life has slowed down my PLing ;)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Chapter 1 and 2 PL OK!
~Maggie