COMPLETE:[FICTION]Les Misérables Vol. 1, by Victor Hugo mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lisamarie

Post by Lisamarie »

I've finished recording section 29 - here is the link:

http://download.yousendit.com/3ED993A6572C60C8

Reader Name: Lisa Chau
Duration: 11:20

Thanks for putting together such a great project! :)
heatherausten

Post by heatherausten »

Book 1, chapter 3 is all recorded:

http://download.yousendit.com/E6C3C8E15796C1C2

Size: 4.49 MB
Length: 4:54
~Heather~
Jeadite

Post by Jeadite »

I would like to take book 1 chs 2,4,5,6.
Thx
Matthew
andrewtlocke

Post by andrewtlocke »

Hello, please sign me up for sections 07, 08 and 09

thank you.

~a
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'm not sure where smileyman is, and I do know Gesine's busybusy ... so I'll help out a little here.

Lisamarie and Heather -- thankyou SO much for your sections! One's linked ... the other is being saved to my machine and will be popped into Gesine's uploader shortly.

Matthew and Andrew, good to have you joining the reading -- I'll fill you in for those chapters in the Magic Window. What a great choice of starting project here. :D

Could I ask, could you each record just a paragraph from your choices, and upload it here, just to make sure all the technical stuff is in order, and that sort of thing. Once or twice, we've had readers produce loong sections which have been spoilt by something avoidable like fans turning on and off (my fridge is a problem, personally.) Or by the recording quality rate being set so low that there's quite a loss of quality when it's fixed. It's good to know that sort of thing before you've done hours of reading and editing. (It is NOT an audition, those chapters are assigned to you anyway.) And on the more fun side, can you let me know how you'd like to be credited in the catalogue (name / pseudonym & URL)

Let us know if you've any questions, and have fun with this!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Crazy Man

Post by Crazy Man »

Sorry I haven't been able to get into this at all yet. We got struck by lightning 3 weeks ago and our router died but we should get one this arvo. I also got a new microphone which goes through the usb so it sounds stacks better. I will rerecord javert satisfied

Cheers

Graeme
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hoorah for shopping. And of "reasons not to have recorded", I have to say, "struck by lightning" is a pretty darn awesome one. :D (I do hope the router was the only casualty, though! Yikes! :shock:)

No worries, Graeme. This isn't a rushing-through project, so there's plenty of time to do a good job and have fun with it.

Good luck with the new mic.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Crazy Man

Post by Crazy Man »

Hi Smiley

I have finished bk8 ch 4 Authority Reasserts Its Rights

I have pasted it onto my website but my ISP does like to remove any mp3 files whenever it can so I don't know if it will still be there when you get this file. Anyway here is the location.

http://home.exetel.com.au/bluefoxboardgamers/lesmiserables_vol1_68_hugo

Cheers

Graeme
Cori

Post by Cori »

I've downloaded this one fine, Graeme -- thanks!

I can't seem to see Gesine's uploader, so I'm putting it on Anita's server, and will link from there to give your chapter a listen! link in the magic window.

Any chance you might go on and record the last chapter..? It's almost waiting for you. :D
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hang on -- confused?

68 is Book 8, chap 3 -- and that's the file I've downloaded (had to listen to the new mic.)

I was expecting 69..? Is that somewhere around..? :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Cori, you're an angel, thanks so much for looking after this so well. I'm back from my trip now, so I can take over again. I'll try and find out where Smileyman is, too.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Crazy Man

Post by Crazy Man »

Yes that is what I thought I posted. I have not redone 68 yet, I will clear my othe rlibrivox commitments and restore some order to my life first. My isp has cleared my webspace so I will need to investigate further what was actually there. I will look into it. For the time being, I need to not commit myself any further to stuff. It is exam time at school and I have so much marking to do it is not funny. :lol:
Crazy Man

Post by Crazy Man »

Hi

I put the old recording onto the website. Sorry. I have just uploaded the new file to the website. I also sent a message to my isp saying please do not delete mp3's, I am not a criminal.

http://home.exetel.com.au/bluefoxboardgamers/lesmiserables_vol1_69_hugo.mp3

Cheers

Graeme
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Crazy Man wrote:Hi

I put the old recording onto the website. Sorry. I have just uploaded the new file to the website. I also sent a message to my isp saying please do not delete mp3's, I am not a criminal.

http://home.exetel.com.au/bluefoxboardgamers/lesmiserables_vol1_69_hugo.mp3

Cheers

Graeme
Thank you! Grabbing it now... just in case. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
smileyman457

Post by smileyman457 »

Hello. I know by now you are all quite unhappy with me for being absent for long periods of time. I can explain. You see, my school production of Thoroughly Modern Millie just ended, and for the past month or so, I have had no extra time to do anything but the play. Now that the show has ended, I expect to be back on top shortly. Also, I tried to upload some files to Gesine's upload thingy and it wouldn't let me. I am very, very sorry for the delay. Please forgive me.

~~Ryan T. :(
www.thedailypunctillio.tk

"We're all mad here!"--The Cheshire Cat, [i]Alice in Wonderland[/i]