COMPLETE: Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Squiddhartha wrote:Thanks for the update, Ivan!
Not at all! But here's my question, in case you're an audacity guru.

I accidentally created an Audacty file with about 1:44 of dead air in front of it. The dead air is not responding to cut or trim choices. As a result, I'm poised and primed to re-record: but if there's a way to handle this, it would make life easier next time around?

Best,
Ivan
rfrancis

Post by rfrancis »

Ivan wrote: I accidentally created an Audacty file with about 1:44 of dead air in front of it. The dead air is not responding to cut or trim choices. As a result, I'm poised and primed to re-record: but if there's a way to handle this, it would make life easier next time around?

Best,
Ivan
Is it just a blank area instead of empty recorded area? In other words, can you just select the move mode (with the left and right arrows) and drag it left?

-R
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

randomdad wrote: Is it just a blank area instead of empty recorded area? In other words, can you just select the move mode (with the left and right arrows) and drag it left?
No - but I can just "Align Tracks to 0" and make it work! Many thanks for the advice, Dad, but messing around once again proved the answer for this little duck!

http://www.gamesgroove.com/ivan/podcasts/treasure_island_9_10_stevenson.mp3

Thanks again for the opportunity - looking forward to having the whole book!

Best,
Ivan
vee

Post by vee »

Sorry I haven't been able to record the chapters yet. I'm going in to record today and tomorrow and hopefully will have them all edited by 20th.
Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha »

Just glad to hear that you're still on board, vee! And thanks to all of you, everybody has now either delivered their chapters or checked in. Whew!
This username is also my Gmail address.
"But if you've got a nuclear bomb, then you don't need the Jell-O!"
vee

Post by vee »

Hi everyone. I'm cleaning up the recordings I did for chapters 17-18. I was wondering what volume level most of you used. I scanned a few and I'm getting average RMS ranging from -33 to -23, with peaks from -15 to -10. Do we happen to have a standard or just shoot for something around that mark?
vee

Post by vee »

I figured I'd submit them and if they suck I can redo them. If it's just too loud or soft that can be fixed easily

Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Please if you have any suggestions on improvement please let me know.

Thanks
GordMackenzie

Post by GordMackenzie »

Gord Mackenzie
gord[dot]mackenzie[at]gmail.com
Librivox Wiki Page: [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/GordMackenzie]GordMackenzie[/url]
Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha »

Awesome, Gord, thank you!

That's the lot, mates! Good work, and thank you!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Good heavens, all done? Huzzah!

Squid, do you know the archive.org upload routine? Email me if you need a hand. Or, if you prefer, since you've got a busy week coming up, you can put the files somewhere where I can get them and I can handle the upload and cataloging.

Great job everyone!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha »

Kara, I am ignorant in the ways of archive.org -- but all the files are on http://surly.org/librivox/ti -- your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Note that I haven't actually checked the MP3 tags on, or listened to, all of the recordings; I could possibly do that on my impending business trip. Or if you've got nothing better to do... :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

No worries, I'll take care of it for you. Glad you're back :)

Er, I mean I will check the tags, fix filenames if necessary, and listen to the beginning and ending of each file. And take care of the upload and cataloging, of course. But listening to all the MIDDLES is more than I can take on, hehe.

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha »

Thanks, Kara, you rule. I'll try to listen to the whole shebang on my trip -- be easier if I had an iPod, eh? -- to catch anything egregious in the middles of the files.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

My husband and I are beginning to listen to these chapters... I'll let you know if we run across any problems with fluidity =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

double check the section between 13:00 and 13:20 on chapter 3 .... we got a bit of a pause and tapping and a repeat of text... not sure if it was just our playback, or if there is an edit that was missed.
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!