COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 17th, 2015, 3:58 pm


JoFriday21
Posts: 2881
Joined: May 28th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by JoFriday21 » June 17th, 2015, 4:24 pm


HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 17th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Thanks for getting us started, Amanda! :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

AprilWalters
Posts: 376
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:54 am

Post by AprilWalters » June 18th, 2015, 10:14 am

I'd like to take the role of Natasya, the servant, if it's still open? (I want to finish my June High Noon claims first, of course).
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 18th, 2015, 10:24 am

AprilWalters wrote:I'd like to take the role of Natasya, the servant, if it's still open? (I want to finish my June High Noon claims first, of course).
Thanks, April! She's all yours. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

carteki
Posts: 1636
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » June 18th, 2015, 10:56 am

JoFriday21 wrote:First 1 for Sonia:
:clap: :clap:
PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_18.mp3 2'49"

PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_24.mp3 13'34"

I'm marking Sonia_24 PL-OK as its great, but there is a "Come Forth" missing at 12'09" (story of Lazarus) if you want to be word perfect.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 18th, 2015, 2:31 pm

carteki wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:First 1 for Sonia:
:clap: :clap:
PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_18.mp3 2'49"

PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_24.mp3 13'34"

I'm marking Sonia_24 PL-OK as its great, but there is a "Come Forth" missing at 12'09" (story of Lazarus) if you want to be word perfect.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks, carteki! I'll leave that one up to you, Amanda, since it does not seem to change meaning, really.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

silverquill
Posts: 12950
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 18th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Pyotr Petrovitch Luzhin - my second choice. He'll be lots of fun to do.

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 18th, 2015, 4:46 pm

silverquill wrote:Pyotr Petrovitch Luzhin - my second choice. He'll be lots of fun to do.
An excellent choice. I'll look forward to hearing this--I'm so used to hearing you read good guy/romantic hero roles, and I bet this will make a fun change. :twisted:

P.S. Give the pronunciation guide a listen. Turns out "Luzhin" is pronounced completely differently than what I had thought before I heard it.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

silverquill
Posts: 12950
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 18th, 2015, 10:43 pm

I certainly will follow the pronunciation guide! I tried studying Russian once, but didn't get very far.

Actually, my favorite roles on stage have been villains. My favorite was Thomas Cromwell, but I also played Satan once - and God once. So, I'll have fun and try not to ham it up too much. 8-)

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 19th, 2015, 6:48 am

silverquill wrote:I certainly will follow the pronunciation guide! I tried studying Russian once, but didn't get very far.

Actually, my favorite roles on stage have been villains. My favorite was Thomas Cromwell, but I also played Satan once - and God once. So, I'll have fun and try not to ham it up too much. 8-)
Awesome. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

LydiaCW
Posts: 452
Joined: December 23rd, 2013, 6:39 pm

Post by LydiaCW » June 19th, 2015, 9:49 am

Could I read Lizaveta in chapter 5, and Passerby 4 in chapter 9, and Polenka in chapter 14, and the beggar woman in chapter 39? Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 19th, 2015, 11:34 am

LydiaCW wrote:Could I read Lizaveta in chapter 5, and Passerby 4 in chapter 9, and Polenka in chapter 14, and the beggar woman in chapter 39? Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
Hi Lydia,

Sure! Thanks for the claims! :) I had passerby 4 also doing some lines in Chapters 14 and 31. Do you want to do those, too? You'd have to do Polenka in a different voice, I guess, but other than that it doesn't matter to me either way. It's not at all important that all Passerby 4's line are all one person.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » June 19th, 2015, 11:40 am

LydiaCW wrote:Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
And yes, most roles are gender neutral, except for a few main characters. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime


Post Reply