COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 17th, 2017, 7:45 am

sashelliott wrote:Hi,

I have completed and attached section 52- A Child below.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_child_52.mp3 Length: 00:20

Thanks,
Sash
Thank you!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

RecordingPerson
Posts: 229
Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am

Post by RecordingPerson » May 18th, 2017, 10:34 am

I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

EDIT: Pronunciation Guide found on page 2!

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 18th, 2017, 10:53 am

RecordingPerson wrote:I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

EDIT: Pronunciation Guide found on page 2!

All yours! Thanks. :) Is this your first recording? How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

RecordingPerson
Posts: 229
Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am

Post by RecordingPerson » May 18th, 2017, 11:03 am

HoosierMary wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

EDIT: Pronunciation Guide found on page 2!

All yours! Thanks. :) Is this your first recording? How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
In the catalogue as RecordingPerson please.

When you say 'Is this your first recording?' - that depends on what you mean. I did record a few things for LibriVox many years ago, but have forgotten everything. In general I have considerable experience in audio recording, but I was hoping to submit a few small things using a basic setup before I set up properly here (AKA find my proper audio interface). My current setup is as per my one minute recording here which I don't think is impossibly bad.

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 18th, 2017, 11:22 am

RecordingPerson wrote:
HoosierMary wrote:
RecordingPerson wrote:I would volunteer for Huckster. I'll need to know how to pronounce the Russian names consistently with others. (Has this been covered in the 31 pages on this thread?)

EDIT: Pronunciation Guide found on page 2!

All yours! Thanks. :) Is this your first recording? How would you like your name to appear in the catalog?
In the catalogue as RecordingPerson please.

When you say 'Is this your first recording?' - that depends on what you mean. I did record a few things for LibriVox many years ago, but have forgotten everything. In general I have considerable experience in audio recording, but I was hoping to submit a few small things using a basic setup before I set up properly here (AKA find my proper audio interface). My current setup is as per my one minute recording here which I don't think is impossibly bad.
Great! What I meant was basically just that you're not in the catalog yet so I had to add you in order to assign you the section. But if you've already tested your set-up, I'll just add you and you should be good to go. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

RecordingPerson
Posts: 229
Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am

Post by RecordingPerson » May 18th, 2017, 1:04 pm

HoosierMary wrote: Great! What I meant was basically just that you're not in the catalog yet so I had to add you in order to assign you the section. But if you've already tested your set-up, I'll just add you and you should be good to go. :)
I'm still waiting on feedback for the one-minute recording. (Though, it passes Checker's tests). I'm going to find the names I need to say in the Russian pronunciation guide ready for when I'm good to go. But, it's getting late and my partner will be annoyed if I start making too much noise late at night :) Maybe tomorrow.

RecordingPerson
Posts: 229
Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am

Post by RecordingPerson » May 18th, 2017, 1:52 pm

My one-minute recording has received feedback.

This is my first recording of Huckster. As my partner had gone upstairs to bed I recorded this in the kitchen as it's furtherest away from resting people. But, the ambience there doesn't sound good. I'm not sure of my Russian pronunciation. Please feel free to reject this and ask me to record again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crime_punishment_huckster_ch5.mp3

codigoyarte
Posts: 44
Joined: May 1st, 2017, 6:26 am

Post by codigoyarte » May 18th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Hi, RecordingPerson,
I heard to your recording. It is great. You are right that you have much "English" accent in the Russian wordings, but it's quite OK for someone who has never been to Russia or learnt Russian.
Congratulations. :clap:
If you wonder what does a Spanish guy correcting the Russian accent of an English-speaker... :roll:
... I have lived for many years in Moscow and learnt Russian in the streets, and corrected my grammar afterwards, so my accent is quite good (I think!)
:D

RecordingPerson
Posts: 229
Joined: May 18th, 2017, 5:53 am

Post by RecordingPerson » May 18th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Thanks. I'm only looking for minor roles at the moment. I'm thinking that if I don't do a good job of them, then at least it's not a major flaw for the recording.

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 19th, 2017, 5:07 am

RecordingPerson wrote:My one-minute recording has received feedback.

This is my first recording of Huckster. As my partner had gone upstairs to bed I recorded this in the kitchen as it's furtherest away from resting people. But, the ambience there doesn't sound good. I'm not sure of my Russian pronunciation. Please feel free to reject this and ask me to record again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crime_punishment_huckster_ch5.mp3
Thank you!
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 19th, 2017, 5:10 am

FYI to everyone: I'll be travelling this weekend and might not respond to new posts until Monday.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime

MrsHand
Posts: 4216
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » May 24th, 2017, 5:54 am

Unless there are any issues with this, I'd like to claim the following small parts:

Sections 7, 30, 47, 48, 53, 56 (this should help with assigning)

The roles are:
7. Koch (Ch 7)
30. Duclida (Ch 13)
47. Commissariat Clerk (Ch 28)
48. Policeman 2 (Ch 31)
53. A Soldier (Ch 37)
56. Clerk 2 (Ch 39)

HoosierMary
Posts: 3287
Joined: November 20th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Post by HoosierMary » May 24th, 2017, 6:18 am

MrsHand wrote:Unless there are any issues with this, I'd like to claim the following small parts:

Sections 7, 30, 47, 48, 53, 56 (this should help with assigning)

The roles are:
7. Koch (Ch 7)
30. Duclida (Ch 13)
47. Commissariat Clerk (Ch 28)
48. Policeman 2 (Ch 31)
53. A Soldier (Ch 37)
56. Clerk 2 (Ch 39)
All yours! Thanks.
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime



Post Reply