Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsrevolution_07_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 34:56

Take care,

Greg
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

6 and 7 are PL OK, Greg, thank you. By the way, "ready for PL" is a convenience for proof listeners, especially those with multiple projects, so they can glance at the windows and see if they have any work to do. I listen to all the sections, so I don't change the window, I just get to it as soon as I can. I listen and post from my phone mostly, so I do more of the "housekeeping" when I'm at my laptop.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

edhumpal wrote:6 and 7 are PL OK, Greg, thank you. By the way, "ready for PL" is a convenience for proof listeners, especially those with multiple projects, so they can glance at the windows and see if they have any work to do. I listen to all the sections, so I don't change the window, I just get to it as soon as I can. I listen and post from my phone mostly, so I do more of the "housekeeping" when I'm at my laptop.
I'm sorry, Ed. You have your way of doing things, which I should just stay out of. I've had many instances since I first began recording that postings have been overlooked because the MW was not updated. A week pases and the section still shows assigned.

I will try to let go, my friend.
Greg
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

No worries, Greg. I've had the same experience. :D
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

edhumpal wrote:No worries, Greg. I've had the same experience. :D
:D right back at you!

Have a blessed day!

Greg
bekaroo09

Post by bekaroo09 »

Here is my revision of section 11:

Run time: 23:23

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsrevolution_11_various_128kb.mp3

Blessings,
Bekaroo
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thank you, Rebecca. PL OK!
bekaroo09

Post by bekaroo09 »

Here is section 8:

Run Time: 31:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsrevolution_08_various_128kb.mp3

Have a blessed day!

Bekaroo
mlee

Post by mlee »

section 10 Chapter 5 First Campaign Part 1 Boasting Peter Parker
This consists of 7 stories
Do you want the full Librivox INTRO before each of the 7 story-poems OR before the historical intro before the poem begins?

Librivox INTRO History Boasting of Parker page 181
Librivox INTRO History New War Song page 183
Librivox INTRO History Maryland Page 184
Librivox INTRO History Haarlem Heights Page 183
Librivox INTRO History Nathan Hale Page 185
Librivox INTRO History Nathan Hale Page 185
Librivox INTRO History Ballad of Sweet Page 186

mlee
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thank you Rebecca, I'll listen soon.

Melvin, you read the intro/disclaimer only once, at the beginning of your section. The 7 poems with their brief editor's introductions are all read one after another so you end up with just one mp3, in a continuous flow. And after the last poem, you say, "end of section 10." You might listen to a few sections of the previous volume here, https://librivox.org/poems-of-american-history-the-colonial-era-by-various/
premsyl223

Post by premsyl223 »

Hello,

Here is Section 19, The War in the South, Part 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemsrevolution_19_various_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 25:34

All best,
Patrick
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Rebecca, this is a small one. We need 5 seconds of silence after a reading under thirty minutes, and 10 seconds for a reading over thirty minutes. You have a scant 5. You can "insert silence" in the menu commands if using Audacity, or similar in another program, I imagine, or you can just copy a silent section, pasting twice if necessary, then trim. I enjoyed your reading.

Patrick, also a good reading, but with 2 PL notes I'm not sure how to fix. Around 7:20 there is an electronic repeat, "whilewhilewhile," and I looked at it in Audacity on my laptop, to make sure I hadn't heard a corrupt download on my phone. Yep, there it was, and the sounds are so close that I don't know if you can find distinct edit points to trim it. But good luck! If it doesn't edit well, and you decide to re-record part of it, you'll probably be more happy with the result if you reread at least a full verse, if not the whole poem. But that is up to you.

Second, I'd never have known this if I hadn't looked in Audacity, but the track is recorded in stereo. I assume you saw the recording specs in the wiki, since the other settings seems fine. That is where you see the instruction to record in mono. Audacity's default is stereo, until you change it. I guess there's a "convert to mono" command, or alternately, I don't know if one whole side of it can be deleted, without the other suffering. Not that I suspect it - I just don't know.

Ann, can you help us with the easiest fix here, for the stereo problem?
premsyl223

Post by premsyl223 »

Hello edhumpal,

I fixed the (very odd!) sound error, so that's all set. I'll wait to hear if there's some advice on making it mono. The sound file I currently have in Audacity is definitely on Mono rather than Stereo, so any help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks for the close listen!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thanks Patrick. I expect some guidance on the stereo thing by evening