[COMPLETE] Marion de Lorme by Victor Hugo-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Marion de Lorme by Victor Hugo(1802 - 1885).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/marion-de-lorme-by-victor-hugo/
Marion de Lorme is a play about a famous French courtesan with the same name, known for her relationships with the important men of her time. ( Kristingj)
  1. New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC the name you would like to use for catalog credit.
  2. How to claim a role:
    • -For ease of claiming roles, CASTING IS GENDER NEUTRAL.
      -Look in the Magic Window for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you'd like to record.
      -Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 2 months of placing your claim (for larger parts, we will allow you longer to complete your sections, but please begin submitting sections with the 2 month deadline). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39133/39133-h/39133-h.htm#play02
  5. Prooflistening level: Special proof listening - dramatic works. Prospective PL'ers, please see the Listeners Wanted FAQ.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#] of Victor Hugo by Marion de Lorme. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#].
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!

[*]AFTER recording
Save files as 128 kbps flac
mariondelorme_[role]_[#].flac (all lower-case) where # is the act number. .

[*]Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
BC: Kristingj
Editor: Kristingj
DPL: Elizabby
MC:

[*]Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by Kristingj on May 17th, 2015, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

DPL checking in! :thumbs:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

See mw for parts:P
Last edited by Kristingj on May 20th, 2015, 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:DPL checking in! :thumbs:
:thumbs:
Kristin

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll set this up - back soon

Anne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

annise wrote:I'll set this up - back soon

Anne
Thanks!
Kristin

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK -think it's right. I was really confused because it still had MaryAnn as the upload folder and I thought she might be setting it up, but I think you just used an existing template :D
We never have found out if there was a translator for Mary Tudor or this have we ?

Anne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

annise wrote:OK -think it's right. I was really confused because it still had MaryAnn as the upload folder and I thought she might be setting it up, but I think you just used an existing template :D
We never have found out if there was a translator for Mary Tudor or this have we ?

Anne

I copied from The Count, because I prefer that set up over the one that comes from the template, and thought I had removed all trases
:oops:
Kristin

jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Kristin, I would like to read a Voice in Act 5 if I may.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

The mw should be good, I left my notes somewhere else, I'll have to double check them later
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

jessieyun0404 wrote:Kristin, I would like to read a Voice in Act 5 if I may.
Of course:) It's a very small part, only one line, so feel free to take any of the other ones as well:)
Kristin

RealUnicornGoddess

Post by RealUnicornGoddess »

Is it possible for me to be the narrator?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome to LibriVox
We will need you to do the 1 minute test to get all the settings right - it isn't an audition but it is even more important for our dramas because the individual files need to be stitched together as seamlessly as possible.
The BC (book co-ordinator) will be along as to the claim later but you could magic up the test while you waited.
Can unicorns cope with electronics ?

Anne
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

RealUnicornGoddess wrote:Is it possible for me to be the narrator?
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I will sign you up for the Narrator. Some general info about reading that:
- Make sure you read the intro to every act.
- In the first act, after you have read the intro in the first post ("Act [#] of Victor Hugo by Marion de Lorme. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.") Read "Marion de Lorme. Dramatis Peronae. Narrator read by .... (whatever name you want to use)." Then start "Act 1..."
- You are going to read everything in italics. Whenever that comes after a character name, like so: SAVERNY (approaching Marion and trying to embrace her), you also read the character name. That's the only times you read the character names before their lines. Was that clear?

What Cataloge name would you like to have?

Please make sure you complete the "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording any chapters for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

Also, as this is a Dramatic Reading, here's a few tips to make a great recording.
First, try and make sure you have as little background noise as possible. Follow the tips here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning.
Second, when recording a part, think of it as having a conversation. How would you naturally speak? read the text and see how the character reacts to the things around him, and if it doesn't say, then try to imagine it yourself. Let the reactions sound in your voice. A line can be read in extremely different ways, depending on if teh character is sad or happy, so just remember to pay attention to the text and what is going on around him.
Third, when you edit after you have recorded (you will edit, we all do), leave at leats 3-4 seconds between the lines, so that it will be clear when I edit where the break is.

At the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording,you can see how to set up your computer to record.

If you'd like to introduce yourself to the community, you can do se here: http://forum.librivox.org/viewforum.php?f=17

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

I hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions
Kristin

GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

I'm afraid I know nothing about this play (except of course the famous author), but I'd be happy to read a role or two. I'm excited to find my surname used in a play; no one here in the southeast US seems to be able to spell or pronounce it... ^_^

That Darn Ted (Delorme)
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."