[COMPLETE] Marion de Lorme by Victor Hugo-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

I'm putting everything together so it's easier to see where we are:

Act 1 ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_01_hugo_128kb.mp3 22:28

Missing voice credit for stage directions.

2:18 missing - Provincial Comedians, Guards, Populace, Nobles, Pages.

Act 2 - Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_02_hugo_128kb.mp3 26:32

12:19 missing narrator line: Silence
13:03 missing narrator line: Indicating the four Servants in livery.

I sent a PM to Michele on March 4th. She hasn’t picked up yet. I added these lines to that PM.

Act 3 is ready for PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_03_hugo_128kb.mp3 46:36

I'm missing some lines from Laffemas read by davidpr
SAVERNY.
Yes; I came With Brichanteau, the cousin, and the corpse. He will be buried here—where, if he'd lived, He would have had his wedding!
LAFFEMAS.
2:08 Tell me how The old Marquis de Nangis bore the news.
SAVERNY.
With calmness, without tears.
LAFFEMAS.
2:12 He loved him though?
SAVERNY.
As much as we love life. Having no children Of his own he had but this one passion— His nephew, whom he dearly loved, although They had not seen each other for five years.
[In the background, the old Marquis de Nangis passes; white hair, pale countenance, arms folded across his breast, dress of the day of Henry IV.: deep mourning; the star and the ribbon of the order of the Holy Ghost. He walks slowly; nine guards in three rows follow; they are dressed in mourning, their halberds on their right shoulder, their muskets on their left; they keep within a short distance, stopping when he stops, and continuing when he continues.
LAFFEMAS (watching him pass).
4:06 Poor man!
[He goes to the back and follows The Marquis with his eyes.

(PM Sent Feb 22 - reader picked up but no response)

Act 4 ready for PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_04_hugo_128kb.mp3 44:11

Act 5
is ready for PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_05_hugo_128kb.mp3 38:41
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Thanks! Let me know if you don't hear back from them, I have contact with them both on email as well, so I might get a hold of them there.
It's the voice credits you are missing, right? They don't have any lines (as far as I'm aware), so we can just leave that out.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote: March 9th, 2018, 2:51 pm If you still need someone to DPL the final edited acts, I can do that. It was the FLAC files my computer struggles with, but the final files will be MP3 so I can PL those for you, if you like.
linny wrote: March 9th, 2018, 3:50 pm Beth, a week or so ago Kristin (MrsHand) also volunteered to listen to the final chapters but last I knew Kristin (Kristingj) is still doing it.
Fun thing! I answered Kristin's (MrsHand) post, but went looking for it now and it never posted:P I would apprechiate any and all help with PL'ing, but as MrsHand is the DPL for the project, she really has the 'first pick'.
Kristin

MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Kristingj wrote: March 12th, 2018, 5:45 am
Elizabby wrote: March 9th, 2018, 2:51 pm If you still need someone to DPL the final edited acts, I can do that. It was the FLAC files my computer struggles with, but the final files will be MP3 so I can PL those for you, if you like.
linny wrote: March 9th, 2018, 3:50 pm Beth, a week or so ago Kristin (MrsHand) also volunteered to listen to the final chapters but last I knew Kristin (Kristingj) is still doing it.
Fun thing! I answered Kristin's (MrsHand) post, but went looking for it now and it never posted:P I would apprechiate any and all help with PL'ing, but as MrsHand is the DPL for the project, she really has the 'first pick'.
I was waiting on the answer. LOL I couldn't remember if I was finished acts PL, parts PL or just plain ol' DPL. I'll get these listened to this week.
linny

Post by linny »

Kristingj wrote: March 12th, 2018, 5:40 am Thanks! Let me know if you don't hear back from them, I have contact with them both on email as well, so I might get a hold of them there.
It's the voice credits you are missing, right? They don't have any lines (as far as I'm aware), so we can just leave that out.
I have voice credits but I don’t have any place to put them. You have a number of extras and having this line would make it easy to put them all in afterwards.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Act 1:

In addition to the missing info already mentioned, the Executioner is read twice in the DP, the repeating one is at 02:32.

Act 2, PL OK except for already noted missing info. marked as "see PL Notes."
Last edited by MrsHand on March 12th, 2018, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

grr. I thought I had added but then couldn't find it. Thanks. If it's ok with you, I'll save the correction for when Michele's pickups come in.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Act 3, nothing missing except what's already noted. Also marked as "See PL Notes"
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Act 4 is PL OK!

There is a "Silence" line at 30:56 that could probably be pasted in where needed in Act 2, if we get to that point.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

And 5 is PL OK!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: March 12th, 2018, 7:38 am
Kristingj wrote: March 12th, 2018, 5:40 am Thanks! Let me know if you don't hear back from them, I have contact with them both on email as well, so I might get a hold of them there.
I have voice credits but I don’t have any place to put them. You have a number of extras and having this line would make it easy to put them all in afterwards.
Oh, so it's the narrator you need?
Kristin

linny

Post by linny »

Correct. Here is everything I need:

Narrator read by wib66:
-Stage directions read by
-Provincial Comedians, Guards, Populace, Nobles, Pages. 1638.
-Silence
-Indicating the four Servants in livery.

Laffemas read by davidpr
-Tell me how The old Marquis de Nangis bore the news.
-He loved him though?
-Poor man!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

linny wrote: March 13th, 2018, 5:09 am Correct. Here is everything I need:

Narrator read by wib66:
-Silence

Laffemas read by davidpr
-He loved him though?
-Poor man!
Will try to get to this over the next few days. Have family staying so don't have my recording set up till after Friday sorry.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

wib66 wrote: March 13th, 2018, 12:30 pm
linny wrote: March 13th, 2018, 5:09 am Correct. Here is everything I need:

Narrator read by wib66:
-Silence

Laffemas read by davidpr
-He loved him though?
-Poor man!
Will try to get to this over the next few days. Have family staying so don't have my recording set up till after Friday sorry.
Great, Michele:)
Kristin

wib66

Post by wib66 »

Here are the missing lines for the narrator. I have just put them all into one new file hope that is ok. Let me know if there is something else you need thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_narrator_missinglines_128kb.mp3
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi