[COMPL] The Boy Scouts in Russia by John Blaine - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

1 is Ready for SPOT PL.
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi Kangaroo, I don't think section 1 was loaded into the magic window. The clapping and coughing are still there.
DianaS

Post by Kangaroo692 »

DianaS wrote:Hi Kangaroo, I don't think section 1 was loaded into the magic window. The clapping and coughing are still there.
I'll try reuploading...

ETA - Did you know that section 23 is in the MW for Boy Scout Aviators? Could you please PL it?
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Kangaroo, I don't think the Section 1 upload completed for you.

I listened to Section 1 again and still here the 2 items: 1:17 clapping, 14:12 coughing, clapping.

I tried in the BC Admin area, I tried through the MW, I tried downloading the link, none had the fixes.
DianaS

Post by icequeen »

DianaS wrote:Kangaroo, I don't think the Section 1 upload completed for you.

I listened to Section 1 again and still here the 2 items: 1:17 clapping, 14:12 coughing, clapping.

I tried in the BC Admin area, I tried through the MW, I tried downloading the link, none had the fixes.

Diana, try the link in the MW now. Kangaroo uploaded a new section 1 with a different author name.

Kangaroo, one thing that I advise people is to always paste the link that the uploader spits out into the MW. Even if it is the same link, you never know, it is just a good habit. Also, some MC's recommend pasting the link in a post as well. I don't require it, but if you find this kind of thing happens often, start doing that.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Okay. :)
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

I'm not sure what to do about this.

I downloaded section 1 to my laptop to make sure I wasn't listening to an old link. Then I tried just listening online.

I still hear the coughing and clapping but the timing has changed slightly.
The first one is at 1:14 where you say "Getting in or out of Prussia [clap clap], getting in or out of Russia."
The second one is at 14:10 where you say "I shall have [cough cough, clap clap] I shall have to".

Can either of you hear the clapping? I haven't had trouble listening to spot PLs before.
DianaS

Post by icequeen »

I heard the clapping at both spots. Kangaroo, check the file you uploaded, just to make sure you uploaded the right on.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Kangaroo, this book has been quiet for awhile. I'm still available to DPL if you want.

I re-checked Section 1 and if you uploaded the changes, they didn't make it to the Magic Window yet, I still get the clapping and coughing.
DianaS

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Diana, I may not be able to do any more work for this project for a couple of weeks, I have some group project sections I need to attend to, and I just lost track of what needed to be done. I hope to work on this project some more soon. Thanks, Kangaroo
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

UPDATE: Still want to finish this project, I have a couple of group sections that need to be finished, than I am all cleared up.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Awesome! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Hi Ann, could you please put this project on hold? I would like to complete my BC and group project duties before continuing on with this project.

Thanks,
Kangaroo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

We're back! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

icequeen wrote:

There was a lot of that during that time. The Pony Rider Boys series was written by Frank Gee Patchin, then the Submarine Boys was written by Victor G. Durham, and I saw in one post somewhere on the internet that Frank may have been Victor. It makes life very confusing for us, but such were those wild and wooly days!

I would leave the author as John Blaine, since that is who is listed as author. I just wanted to give you a heads up for the next time, if you put together another project from this series. Sorry if I confused you, do you want me to change it back for you? Since I messed you up?
Ann, would you mind doing that now? I realized that I would rather do it under the name Blaine, because at the time this book was written Goodwin would have been around the age 5. :)

I will make all future sections _blaine and will do that for section 1 when I edit it, and I will make sure to put the new section name in the MW.

Thanks
Kangaroo