[COMPLETE] Boy Scouts Handbook, 1911 edition - lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

May I pre-claim the cover?
P.S. - Which is the more proper place to pre-claim, in the project thread, or in the cover thread in volunteers wanted?

ETA - This book was written as a corporation, it is PD in the U.S., but what about other countries
ETA again - Do we need ID3 tags?
Last edited by Kangaroo692 on April 28th, 2015, 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL this if one is still needed.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Why thank you!!!! :clap:
lezer

Post by lezer »

AprilWalters wrote:I only did by PM because the Magic Window wasn't live yet, and we had been discussing the project in PM since I suggested in in the Book Suggestions thread. Sorry.
I understand - I just didn't want newbies reading the thread to get the impression that they should use PMs standard. Thanks!
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Kangaroo692 wrote:May I pre-claim the cover?
P.S. - Which is the more proper place to pre-claim, in the project thread, or in the cover thread in volunteers wanted?

ETA - This book was written as a corporation, it is PD in the U.S., but what about other countries?
Hi kangaroo,
RE: pre-claiming the cover: sure, as BC you can pre-claim that. Please post in the cover thread in volunteers wanted - I'm not sure how to add you... Thanks!

And about the PD status of this work outside of the USA: I'm not a copyright lawyer, and even for copyright lawyers it's probably a difficult question. But since it is first published in the USA in 1911 and is PD in the USA I at least assumes it falls under the "Rule of Shorter Term" - so it would be OK for me - and for most countries. So let's just leave it as it is.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

I've added you as DPL, MrsHand - welcome to the team!
I'll move us to "Readers Wanted" now.
Anna
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

lezer wrote:
Kangaroo692 wrote:May I pre-claim the cover?

ETA - This book was written as a corporation, it is PD in the U.S., but what about other countries?
Hi kangaroo,
RE: pre-claiming the cover: sure, as BC you can pre-claim that. Please post in the cover thread in volunteers wanted - I'm not sure how to add you... Thanks!

And about the PD status of this work outside of the USA: I'm not a copyright lawyer, and even for copyright lawyers it's probably a difficult question. But since it is first published in the USA in 1911 and is PD in the USA I at least assumes it falls under the "Rule of Shorter Term" - so it would be OK for me - and for most countries. So let's just leave it as it is.
OK.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

April, I see that your husband has signed up for LibriVox. I have added him to the LV catalog. Here is his page. Please check this to make sure it is correct.

Also, please let me know when he completes his 1 minute test.
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

Willdo! I made him do a project for me this weekend involving listening to and cataloging some OldTimeRadio stuff (he's not as keen on that genre as I am) for a grad class, so I don't want to rush him though!
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

No, no rush. Just make sure he completes his sections within the 2 month period. :wink:

ETA: My secret hope is that this project will be completed somewhere around early February. (Boy Scouts of America anniversary) :)

P.S.- I saw the link to "Trello" in your signature, so I searched it up (wanting to find out what it is) and I tried it. It has been very useful!!! :D
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

I've assigned myself sections 00-01 and 04.
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

Glad you found Trello useful! I sometimes overwhelm myself with it, but when I keep up with it even weekly, it's a useful tool.

Here's the "big project" I was working on (or the results of it, anyway: http://viewshare.org/views/AprilWalters/adventures-of-superman-radio-show/ ) One more big project for that class due next Monday, and then I'll be able to go into a record-o-rama!
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
TimoleonWash

Post by TimoleonWash »

May I read Sections #5 & #6?
If you create and your creation is destroyed, create anyway. (paraphrasing Mother Teresa) . . Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Yes, and thank you SO much!!! :D
pm438

Post by pm438 »

I would like to read section 2, Scoutcraft part 2: Scoutcraft: Scout Virtues through Directions for Ordering.