[Complete]Dramatized Bible Stories of the OldTest.-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Bria - just one question - because I'm still learning English...

What does "Reserved for Group" mean? Is it not permitted to claim? What group did they make a reservation?
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just for clarity, it might be worth putting in the MW or first post:

- if someone claims the narration for a multi-part story, should they do the narration for ALL the parts?
- do you want "God" to be the same reader for the whole series, or could e.g. "God in Abraham" be claimed separately from "God in Joseph"?
- are the characters from "David and Saul" and "King David" going to be consistent where they overlap? i.e. David, God, Narrator?
- I note that "God" in Abraham (Story 2) is noted as a male voice, but not in the other stories?
- Similarly there are quite a few "Angel" characters, are these separate or all the same person? (I see you have already noted the "Angel" in the Abraham cycle should be a male voice, but I don't know if that applies to any of the other Angels.)

I'd like to claim "God" in Stories 6 to 8 and 18, if you are allowing different people to claim God in different stories. If not, I'll have a look at what is left after the weekend.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

jessieyun0404 wrote:Bria - just one question - because I'm still learning English...

What does "Reserved for Group" mean? Is it not permitted to claim? What group did they make a reservation?
It means it is not open for claims, these parts have been pre-claimed by the people who did the scripts or have signed up as editors. This happened over on the planning thread in "Book Suggestions".

(Bria, maybe change those slots to "assigned" instead of "open" in the MW?)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Is it okay to claim now? The mw seems to be good.
I would like to do
Sarah, 2
Rebekah, 3
Potiphar's wife, 4
Joseph, 5
Miriam, 8
God, 9
Angel, 10
Delilah, 11
Kish, 12
Saul, 13
Saul, 14
Ziba, 15
Widow, 16
Shunnamite woman, 17
Narrator for Jonah, 18
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm sure Bria will post that it is open for claims when she has finished the MW - it was a gigantic one to set up.
Patience please all :D

Anne
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

My family will be recording the first and last one as a group. Not all of them have accounts yet I will change those to assigned though.

Beth, I was thinking of having God and Pharaoh and Angel each as one reader. I'll clarify in the first post. I still need to put he link to the text. Can someone remind me of the proper html for that?

I can put some of your claims in Kristen. Some of then are male voice ones that appear in other chapters. I should have made it more clear.

I'll be away tomorrow though, so I won't be able to do anyone else's.
Last edited by Breeze on April 24th, 2015, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Breeze wrote:My family will be recording the first and last one as a group. Not all of them have accounts yet I will change those to assigned though.

Beth, I was thinking of having God and Pharaoh and Angel each as one reader. I'll clarify in the first post. I still need to put he link to the text. Can someone remind me of the proper html for that?

I can put your claims in Kristen. I'll be away tomorrow though, so I won't be able to do anyone else's.
Thanks:) The code is: <a href="link">Name</a> like so: <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kkhvhNxBvYNt2kP4hIRuBy4QWipq4MFUvbCTKRx_xNw/edit#heading=h.5npejobot6x0"> Link to text</a>
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

By the way, been following the other thread and was planning to help out when I was done prepping The Count, but as we launched at the same time I never got that far. If you need any more help editing, I could help you out with that:)
Kristin

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I don't think I'll need more help editing, but thanks anyway.
-Bria

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

May I play Jezebel? I may claim more later but I'll stick with just her for now. :)
Adele

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Can I be Michal and Abigail, please?
Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Can I please read Hagar, Rachel (of course!), Rahab, and Abigail, and narrate both Elijah and Elisha?
That would be sections 17, 32, 86, 147, 17, 183.

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
DramaQueen

Post by DramaQueen »

I'd like to Rahab, and maybe Abigail as well.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

DramaQueen wrote:I'd like to Rahab, and maybe Abigail as well.
You can have Rahab. You know you need to do your one minute test.
What name would you like to be credited by in the catalog?
-Bria

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Adele, Esther and Rachel, thanks for claiming. You do understand that only one of you can do each part.
-Bria