[Complete]Dramatized Bible Stories of the OldTest.-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Kristingj is without her microphone for a few weeks. She'll record it when she can.

ETA: Heard back from dlodes.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
HowieW

Post by HowieW »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_moses_07.mp3

Wow apologies for how long this took but here is the final version of the moses part, section 7.
- Howard
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Wonderful job! It's now PL OK! :thumbs:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Breeze wrote:... I may actually need to find someone else to read God. My dad is so busy and though he would make the time, I don't really want to bother him. But I won't orphan it for a few days at least.
Bria,

I would be willing to do some of the God sections if your father is still busy and you are willing.

Since your entire family did the first section, what about opening up a few of the sections at a time starting from the end of the book? That way if you dad has time to record some he will be God from the beginning of the project and somewhere later on it will change over. You would end up with 2 voices for God, but the beginning would be consistent and the end would be consistent.

There is only one story where I have recorded a role - it was small and I can adjust God to make it sound different.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

EstherbenSimonides

Those are PL OK! So if Bria is okay with it, those are ready to edit! :thumbs:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Yes, edit it. I checked with Dad.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I edited Jonah and have it on my other computer. I will re-upload this weekend. It had not been PL'ed.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

I'm pretty sure that I submitted Saul's uncle before September 15, but I'm not certain. Do you still have it, or should I reupload it?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry about this - it's the first time we have lost files
If there is a listen link in the MW , then we have the files and you don't need to do anything
If there isn't please upload the files if you have them and post a link
If you haven't please post in case the DPL has them , but otherwise you may need to re record

Anne
EstherbenSimonides

Bethesda Lily, your files are absolutely fine! :D

I have the two edited files on my MP3 player and I can upload those sometime tomorrow or the next day... And post the PL notes. If you want to fix those now, I was wondering about keeping the Chapter markings in. They weren't in the David story, and it really helped the flow. Also, the Chapter 2 marking comes before the end of Chapter 2. It comes right before verse 10, And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Other than that, I think we didn't lose anything. :?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
EstherbenSimonides

Notes on this new file (for James):
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dramatized_bible_13.mp3
At 0:51, the voice credit for Michal should sound like mee-khal.
It's in the MW and here: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_michal_voicecredit.mp3
Also, at 13:14, the Saul line is the same as the one before, "Let not mine hand..." instead of "I will give him her..."

On this one: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dramatized_bible_19.mp3
The chapter markings are kind of unnecessary. If we decide to leave them in, the Chapter 2 marking at 4:30 should be after the fish spits Jonah out. Right before "And the word of the LORD..."

These were really, really great! I loved the way the David and Goliath dialogue sounded! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This has been going 18 months now - which is a long time for readers to wait for their voices to make the catalogue - do you think there is any way we could give it a shove ? :D

Anne
EstherbenSimonides

It's really waiting on a couple parts from Bria's family, God sections, and editing. Also, there were a couple sections with PL notes where the readers have disappeared.

It would be really cool to finish this soon! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Maybe if the disappearing readers files can't be fixed by someone else , they will need to be orphaned?

And Bria - I know it's hard when it's family but realistically if there hasn't been a chance to record it in 18 months it's not going to get easier :D . I speak from experience :roll: . So maybe it's time to either remove that part or open it to someone else ? The longer the project sits around the more problems there will be finishing it all off. It's just not fair on the readers who finished their parts 18 months ago

Anne