COMPLETE - Wanted: A Pedigree by Martha Finley-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » October 15th, 2016, 12:11 pm

An important message for all volunteers on this project:

As you may have noticed, our servers were reset to September 15th, 2016 because of a software failure. Unfortunately, the failure was massive - we have not succeeded to recover any of the data since September 15th...

We have a recovery plan, and we need your help. There is a post that covers all types of projects over here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=62490

Specifically for this project, I can tell that there was activity in the forums since September 15. Can’t tell exactly what . . . but we probably have a few things to do to get this project brought current again. Here are the instructions for projects with activity since September 15th:

We are very sorry, but all files uploaded after September 15, and all changes to the database and the forum (including PL notes) have been lost and cannot be retrieved.

For BCs: If you remember any claims to your project, please enter them again into the MW.
For readers:
* If you have already completed your recording and it received a PL OK, please reupload the file again and mention in your post that it was PL OK. Make sure you upload the correct file to help your DPL!
* If your file has not received any PL notes yet, please also reupload your file and state that there were no PL notes yet.
* If there were PL notes and you remember them - please fix the file accordingly and reupload the fixed file only. Please post which fixes you have done to help your DPL.
* If you have deleted your file, then maybe your DPL has a copy - please post in the thread and ask if she/he could upload it for you. If this is not possible, you will have to rerecord (or relinquish your claim if you don't want that).
For DPLs: If you have stored your PL notes, please post them in the thread again. If you don't have them, and you don't remember if a file was PL OK, please also post.
We want to get things fixed as soon as we can, but there is also a fair bit of work to do because our volunteers are so productive and have made a lot of progress on a lot of projects over the last 4 weeks! So, please be patient if it takes folks (me in particular) a bit to respond to any questions or do any of the tasks that are on my plate.

MaryAnn

linny

Post by linny » October 15th, 2016, 8:06 pm

I've updated with what I had. I was missing one file.

Roohi

Post by Roohi » October 16th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Ive re-uploaded the missing file chapter38
uploaded 48,49,and50
My jobs done now.
If Bria finishes hers hopefully should be in the catalogue soon.
cheers
Roohi

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » October 17th, 2016, 6:14 am

Thank you Roohi, Great work!
MaryAnn

linny

Post by linny » October 17th, 2016, 9:18 am

Chapter 48 is PL OK

Chapter 49
1:43 - Therefore, and because she thought his forgiveness for her crimes against him and his would alleviate in some measure the sharp stings of an awakened conscience, she had begged that he might be sent for without delay.
Read as awkward

3:30 - I wonder you were not in greater haste to hear what further confessions death could wring from Delilah Craven.
Read as concessions

Chapter 50
23:01 - The house had grown comparatively still, for it was the bathing-hour, and the chambers and halls were well-nigh deserted, when she thought she heard a familiar step approaching her door.
Read as walls

30:15 - stumble - I long to fly to her this instant; yet shrink from the meeting, least all my fond hopes be dashed to the ground.

33:05 repeat - Instead of sinking beneath the waves, he had come in contact with a floating log, which buoyed him up for hours, which be was carried farther and farther out to sea.

Roohi, the two blank pages before the last page were worrisome. I'm sure you were relieved there were no missing pages. Great job on this project. Congratulations! :clap:

Roohi

Post by Roohi » October 18th, 2016, 12:09 am

49,50 fixed
MW updated.
i really enjoyed the story.
Roohi

linny

Post by linny » October 18th, 2016, 5:03 am

Spot check PL OK! It's been nice working with you. Thank you for all your efforts on this project.

I sent Bria a PM yesterday but she hasn't picked up yet.

Roohi

Post by Roohi » October 18th, 2016, 7:49 am

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help
Thankyou too Linny you were a great PL
Roohi

Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler » October 20th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Bummer about the crash. Heres the re upload of ch. 21 with the intro fixed. Thanks for being so paitnet with me.

If you think you know a chapter that would be recored last I would like to know. I'm busy with school so I can't really take a chapter, but if I get time it would be nice to try something. If any one else wanted it then they could have it and I could try a different one at worst case.

o ye any advice from ch. 21 that I could apply to be a better reader.

Thanks maggie
The one problem about problems is that there to easy to get addicted to solving. You come consumed by the process of solving and not on the problem and forgot the repercussions of solving them.

Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler » October 20th, 2016, 7:43 pm

sorry forgot to link in ch.21 heres the link.

time 26 minutes an 9 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_21_macdonald_128kb.mp3

thanks
The one problem about problems is that there to easy to get addicted to solving. You come consumed by the process of solving and not on the problem and forgot the repercussions of solving them.

Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler » October 23rd, 2016, 11:13 pm

oops wrong story.

linny

Post by linny » November 4th, 2016, 6:24 pm

I PMed Bria.

linny

Post by linny » November 10th, 2016, 8:27 am

Bria, I have gathered your PL notes into this single post for you. Did you by any chance download my edited version of your chapter 7 and 8? The one in the system is your unedited version and there are no notes in the thread so it must have happened during the crash.
kathrinee wrote:I had some extra time, so I PL'ed a bit :D
For section 1:
9:23 - repeat - 'She still held her embroidered handkerchief to her.. She still held her embroidered handkercheif etc'
23:30 - recording stops abruptly on page 23 with 'There was evient incredulity', before the chapter is over.
Everything else is good - great job!
linny wrote:
Roohi wrote:chapter 3
Pl notes
You need to re-do the intro a lot of the librivox disclaimer is missing.
there is a long pause 2.46-2.48
2:54. 'Cheek' misread as.'..check'
4:02 'exclaimed' misread as 'claimed'
there is a stumble at 6.52
the rest is fine.
Regards
roohi
In addition to roohi's notes the volume is a little low and needs to be amplified 1.5.
Please change the MW to See PL notes.
EDIT: The disclaimer note is fine. You read the short version for subsequent chapters.
linny wrote:
Breeze wrote:Thanks again Linny for your editing offer. Here's the Flac for Chapter 6. The first half is roughly edited, because I didn't want to send such an imperfect thing to someone else. I might have ended up doing all of it, but I really don't have the time today.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/wantedapedigree_06_finley.flac

Running time 10:26
Hi Bria,
There were still a few claps.

I've edited, amplified, and noise cleaned. Updated flac is here: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/wantedapedigree_06_finley.flac 8:58

For PL, I would flag it for the following background noise:
4:28, 6:02-6:04, 6:37, 6:56, 7:01
EDIT: the background noise on 6 sounds like you are recording just off of the kitchen and someone is opening and closing doors.
Last edited by linny on November 10th, 2016, 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

linny

Post by linny » November 10th, 2016, 10:03 am

I couldn't find the edited flac files but I uploaded the mp3 versions I created after I made the edits.

Section 7:
There are a number of locations with mic movement, if you chose to listen to the chapter in full and make other changes please let me know which timestamps to spot check.

1:36 Background noise (Bang) - With a face bull of surprise and curiosity, Mrs. Powell laid aside her work, rose from her seat, and did as requested.

3:03 Background noise (Bang) - I see it's dreadful tryin' to your feelin's; so let me lock up the box again, and take care of it - or let one o' the others do it, it's all one to me - till it's wanted; if that time ever comes."

Section 8:
Again, there are a number of mic movements in this file.

2:19 ...but for the other copy in the lawyer's hands, she might be tempted to hunt up and destroy the will in the secretary down-stairs, turn Nina adrift, and take possession.
Read as down-turn

2:28 noise - But that could not be done; and under the circumstances she way, for reasons of her own, well pleased that the child had been committed to her care.

6:37 loud mic movement - …and the childish voice was almost choked with sobs; “and it’s written so in the big Bible, too.”
Read as [b/]fears[/b]

11:17 So, now, just dry up your tears, and kiss me good-night, and go back to bed.
I can’t make out these words.
13:51 You needn’t tell me hers was a selfish love, or that her sorrow is either.
Read as sorrow

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » December 1st, 2016, 7:35 am

Linny,

Have you been in touch with Bria by PM? Doesn't look like she has been on the forums since Nov. 4.

I'm inclined to fix her sections for her at this point and get this project the catalog.

MaryAnn