[COMPLETE] Ben Hur by Lew Wallace - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Kristingj wrote:Hi, would you assign me one or more parts? I'd like to join in on the whole thing, so if there is something that's a part of all of it, I'd love that, but I haven't actually read it, so I have little knowledge of the characters
You could be Judah's mother, if you like. There aren't any characters in every single chapter or even in every single book, but she's got a fairly large part and is in more than one book. If you'd like a different part once the MW's up, that's fine too. Thanks!
dlolso21 wrote:I can MC this for you.

MW is up and tested.

David O
Thank you so much! I'll work on filling out the MW soon.
Adele

Post by Kristingj »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:
Kristingj wrote:Hi, would you assign me one or more parts? I'd like to join in on the whole thing, so if there is something that's a part of all of it, I'd love that, but I haven't actually read it, so I have little knowledge of the characters
You could be Judah's mother, if you like. There aren't any characters in every single chapter or even in every single book, but she's got a fairly large part and is in more than one book. If you'd like a different part once the MW's up, that's fine too. Thanks!

That sounds good, I'll take her:) and I meant in as many books as possible, so thats fine:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Do you mind me claiming a few more from the different books? If not, I'd also like to do Woman 1, Hortator, Shepherdess and Roman woman in gallery
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Hi,

Can I also narrate Book 2 and be Woman 4 in Book 1?

Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I can't access the scripts - can you make them public?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

Kristingj wrote:Do you mind me claiming a few more from the different books? If not, I'd also like to do Woman 1, Hortator, Shepherdess and Roman woman in gallery
I don't mind at all! That would be great. Thanks so much!
EstherbenSimonides wrote:Hi,

Can I also narrate Book 2 and be Woman 4 in Book 1?

Thanks!
Certainly, thank you!
SweetPea wrote:I can't access the scripts - can you make them public?
Sorry about that! I'll work on fixing them.
Adele

The first book's texts should be fixed, and I'll work on the others. I miscalculated the number of sections because I only calculated one section per character instead of one per character per book, but I have a finished total of 80 sections. The MW is filled out and ready to be filled with claims. :) I have made several parts gender specific, but there are enough neutral (161 neutral to 14 specific) that I hope to be able to leave them that way. Thanks everyone for claiming!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Here is Tirzah, Book 2 Chapter 6. I didn't know what you wanted me to do about the song, so I've given you a (horribly messed up :oops: ) sung version, and a spoken version. Or maybe you could sing it and upload a file for me to listen to?
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_tirzah_2-06.mp3
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
AdeledePignerolles

SweetPea wrote:Here is Tirzah, Book 2 Chapter 6. I didn't know what you wanted me to do about the song, so I've given you a (horribly messed up :oops: ) sung version, and a spoken version. Or maybe you could sing it and upload a file for me to listen to?
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_tirzah_2-06.mp3
I was leaving it up to whoever took that part to decide whether they wanted to sing it and if they wanted to make up a tune. :) I think it sounds fine! If you'd rather I'll use the read version but I like how you sang it. PL OK!
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

Section 77 says gender specific, but not which gender you specifically want...

I think male/female voice is clearer when you are talking about individual parts.
AdeledePignerolles

Elizabby wrote:Section 77 says gender specific, but not which gender you specifically want...

I think male/female voice is clearer when you are talking about individual parts.
Sorry about that! I never thought about the fact that 'Messala', 'Drusus', and 'Sanballat' don't sound as clear as 'George' and 'Bob'. I'd like a man to play Messala, since he's the major villain. :) I'll change the MW. Thanks for pointing that out!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you. Sure, use the sung version :)
And here is half of my narration :D There were a lot of words, Greek and English, that I didn't know, so I will not be offended if you ask me to redo a bunch of sentences ;)
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-01.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-02.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-03.mp3
Rachel

LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Can I have more than one part? I would like to be Angel 1, the woman at the well, and either boy 1 or boy 2.
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
AdeledePignerolles

SweetPea wrote:Thank you. Sure, use the sung version :)
And here is half of my narration :D There were a lot of words, Greek and English, that I didn't know, so I will not be offended if you ask me to redo a bunch of sentences ;)
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-01.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-02.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/benhur_narrator_3-03.mp3
Thank you! That's okay, I don't really know how to pronounce them either. :)
LydiaCW wrote:Can I have more than one part? I would like to be Angel 1, the woman at the well, and either boy 1 or boy 2.
Certainly! Thank you!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Do you want me to name Book 3 Chapter 5 as a complete file, since it won't be edited?
Rachel