[COMPLETE]Dove in the Eagle's Nest by Charlotte Yonge - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

EvenKeel wrote:I have a prior commitment I must attend to through the weekend but will try and get this done next week. Just want any concerned to know. Thanks :D

Mike
No problem! You have 2 months from the time you claim until I start reminding you. :)
Adele

Post by EvenKeel »

Oh great! That's a nice little window. But I promise not to take that long!

:D
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose~ Dr. Seuss
sgokel

Post by sgokel »

Hi, I'm new to Librivox and would like to read section 1. Here is the link to my one minute test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sgokel.mp3

Please feel free to provide any feedback concerning my recording.
Thanks!

Sarah
AdeledePignerolles

sgokel wrote:Hi, I'm new to Librivox and would like to read section 1. Here is the link to my one minute test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sgokel.mp3

Please feel free to provide any feedback concerning my recording.
Thanks!

Sarah
Hello and Welcome to Librivox!
It would be great if you could read section 1. There's just a couple things you need to fix on your test first: Your file is in stereo and it needs to be in mono. To fix that, Go to Edit>Preferences>Devices>Channels> and select "1 (Mono)".
Also, your file has a fair bit of background noise, which I was able to remove with some noise removal. Highlight a part of the track with no talking, just silence, and then go to Effects>Noise Removal. Click "Get noise profile". Then, highlight the whole file (Control+A) and go to Effects>Noise Removal again. Try putting your settings like this:
Noise reduction: 15
Sensitivity: 0.00
Frequency Smoothing: 150
Attack/Decay: 0.15
Then click okay and it'll remove all your background noise.
Finally, you've got some "plosives" from your breath hitting the microphone on syllables like "p" "f" and "x". Try moving the mike beside or below your mouth so that the air from your mouth goes beside the microphone instead of directly into it. That way you can still talk like you normally do without worrying about making loud breathy noises.
That may seem like a lot of things, but really it's not. You're off to a great start! Just upload your fixed test to the same name and I can check it for you.
To enter you into the Magic Window (MW), I need to know what name you'd like to be credited as in the catalogue. You can see my catalogue page here. It can be a pseudonym, a real name, a nickname, etc. I can also link your reader page to a personal url like a website or blog.

Thanks for claiming! There can be a lot of things to figure out about Librivox (LV) but you'll have it down in no time!
Adele

Post by etoroshchin9439 »

May I claim 8 please
AdeledePignerolles

etoroshchin9439 wrote:May I claim 8 please
Welcome to Librivox! That would be great, thank you! Please make sure you get your one-minute-test OK'd first. Also, to assign the section to you, I need to know what name you'd like to be listed under in the catalogue. It can be a real name, a pseudonym, etc. You can see mine here.
Thank you! Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions. :)
Adele

Post by EvenKeel »

May i have the eagle and the snake please. Will get the intro done hopefully in the next couple days.

Thank you :D

Mike
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose~ Dr. Seuss
AdeledePignerolles

EvenKeel wrote:May i have the eagle and the snake please. Will get the intro done hopefully in the next couple days.

Mike
Sure, thank you! That would be Chapter 16, right?
Adele

Post by EvenKeel »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:
EvenKeel wrote:May i have the eagle and the snake please. Will get the intro done hopefully in the next couple days.

Mike
Sure, thank you! That would be Chapter 16, right?

Yes, chapter 16. Thanks Adele :D
EvenKeel

Post by EvenKeel »

Ok, hard as I expected, but i was determined to get it done. Some tough words that I never use, and the German of course.

Here it is. The introductory.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/doveineaglesnest_00_yonge_128kb.mp3 -13:44

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The run time was added as part of the file link. I edited your post to put a space between them so that the link works. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
EvenKeel

Post by EvenKeel »

Oh, sorry about that. Thanks Tricia :D

Mike
AdeledePignerolles

EvenKeel wrote:Ok, hard as I expected, but i was determined to get it done. Some tough words that I never use, and the German of course.

Here it is. The introductory.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/doveineaglesnest_00_yonge_128kb.mp3 -13:44

Thank you! (Thanks Tricia for fixing it!) I'll PL soon.
Adele

Post by EvenKeel »

:thumbs:
AdeledePignerolles

Introduction is PL OK. Great read!
Adele