COMPLETE Rilla of Ingleside - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
East
Posts: 31
Joined: December 19th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Post by East » January 5th, 2016, 8:56 am

Hello!

Could I please read Nan and Di Blythe, as they're twins (and don't appear in the same chapters)? Or is that confusing / greedy / not done? Sorry, I'm new here!
Are you wanting Canadian accents? If so, could I read Jims instead, as I have a British accent and I doubt it would matter as much with a toddler?

I will get my 1 minute recording up soon :)

Thank you!
Anna
Last edited by East on January 5th, 2016, 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unfortunately away for a while. Will be back as soon as possible!

SweetPea
Posts: 6390
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » January 5th, 2016, 9:52 am

I am definitely still interested, really excited about this project! :D :clap:
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14101
Joined: July 14th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Location: Nottawasaga Bay, Ontario
Contact:

Post by aradlaw » January 5th, 2016, 12:27 pm

I would try Section 56 - Station Master (or Agent) depending on the chapter. :wink: When will the other text links be ready ?
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Thanks David, your claim is in the MW. The scripts are all done - it was just that the project went live at almost midnight my time. My past experience has been that if I do coding late at night I muck it up and have to redo it in the morning! :roll: I'll finish putting in the links today.

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 2:46 pm

East wrote:Hello!

Could I please read Nan and Di Blythe, as they're twins (and don't appear in the same chapters)? Or is that confusing / greedy / not done? Sorry, I'm new here!
Are you wanting Canadian accents? If so, could I read Jims instead, as I have a British accent and I doubt it would matter as much with a toddler?

I will get my 1 minute recording up soon :)

Thank you!
Anna
Hi Anna!

Thanks for your interest - I will ask you to choose just one main character for now, please. Accent doesn't matter so you can take whatever you like -I'm narrating and I'm not Canadian either. If you want a large girl part, I'd suggest Irene Howard - she is one of the "frenemies" of Rilla. You can also take any of the 1 or 2 chapter characters that don't occur in the same chapter.

Please do get your 1 minute test done and approved before you record though. I'll also need your voice credit name for the catalogue - that can be your forum name, real name or whatever you like that listeners will use to find more of your work in the catalogue!

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Susan Baker has been orphaned by PM.

I am considering taking her, if anyone else would like to take over the narration?

East
Posts: 31
Joined: December 19th, 2015, 4:21 pm

Post by East » January 5th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Elizabby wrote:
East wrote:Hello!

Could I please read Nan and Di Blythe, as they're twins (and don't appear in the same chapters)? Or is that confusing / greedy / not done? Sorry, I'm new here!
Are you wanting Canadian accents? If so, could I read Jims instead, as I have a British accent and I doubt it would matter as much with a toddler?

I will get my 1 minute recording up soon :)

Thank you!
Anna
Hi Anna!

Thanks for your interest - I will ask you to choose just one main character for now, please. Accent doesn't matter so you can take whatever you like -I'm narrating and I'm not Canadian either. If you want a large girl part, I'd suggest Irene Howard - she is one of the "frenemies" of Rilla. You can also take any of the 1 or 2 chapter characters that don't occur in the same chapter.

Please do get your 1 minute test done and approved before you record though. I'll also need your voice credit name for the catalogue - that can be your forum name, real name or whatever you like that listeners will use to find more of your work in the catalogue!
Thanks for your reply!

Oh, great!
I'd forgotten that Irene was a younger character, so I'd be happy to read her! Always fun to play someone so full of themselves. As for the 1 chapter characters, could I please read Una Meredith?
Of course :) I haven't quite decided yet whether I want my full name, but I will get back to you on that asap!

Anna
Unfortunately away for a while. Will be back as soon as possible!

McFarlane
Posts: 92
Joined: November 25th, 2015, 4:04 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Post by McFarlane » January 5th, 2016, 5:41 pm

Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 6:05 pm

McFarlane wrote:Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Accent is not a consideration - I'm Australian! So Kenneth Ford is all yours! :thumbs:

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Susan Baker and Narrator are filled, Mary Vance is orphaned.

AdeledePignerolles
Posts: 3700
Joined: July 5th, 2014, 1:57 pm
Location: Arrethtrae

Post by AdeledePignerolles » January 5th, 2016, 6:40 pm

I'll do the singers in Chapters 15 and 17 if that's alright. :)

SweetPea
Posts: 6390
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 1:56 pm

Post by SweetPea » January 5th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Here are the first few chapters of Rilla!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_01_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_02_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_03_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_04_rilla.mp3

Please let me know if there's anything you want redone, for whatever reason. :) I'm afraid I sound a bit too whiny in that last bit of chapter 4. :lol:
These are really long chapters, so I'm hoping to do a few per week, if that works. I'll try to get it done in two months but we'll see how it goes.

Thank you!
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

Elizabby
Posts: 9288
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » January 5th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Brilliant stuff, Rachel! :clap:

For the big roles like Rilla, Susan Baker and the Narrator, I don't actually expect to get it all done within 2 months. It would be nice to get within shouting distance but I'm not going to be rigid about it when we have 73 characters to fill! :shock: I'm in it for the long haul, not expecting a short sprint...

McFarlane
Posts: 92
Joined: November 25th, 2015, 4:04 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Post by McFarlane » January 6th, 2016, 4:53 am

Elizabby wrote:
McFarlane wrote:Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Accent is not a consideration - I'm Australian! So Kenneth Ford is all yours! :thumbs:
thanks so much I'm excited about this role!
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!

etel13
Posts: 231
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 2:24 am

Post by etel13 » January 6th, 2016, 5:52 am

Hi,
I have an accent, because I'm not a native American, but you if don't mind could I claim Mrs Meredith section 25 chapters 6 and 32. Also Mrs, Reese, chapter 23?
Thank you :D
Etel

Post Reply