COMPLETE Rilla of Ingleside - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:Sounds great! Please go on and record the rest of her! :thumbs: At some point, preferably the start of the next chapter, I need a voice credit for you. So please say "Cousin Sophia read by yourcataloguename".
Thanks, I'll try to do at least a chapter a day. Oh and I thought I said the voice credit at the beginning. Didn't it download ? I always say it at the beginning of each recording. Well, I said "read by Sonia", do you want me to say the catalogue name instead ?

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

There was a very long silence at the start of the file, so maybe something went wrong. Anyway, just give me another one in the next file please. You should use whatever you have used in the past - the catalogue name shouldn't change.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

silverquill wrote:Just checking in to confirm Gilbert Blythe.

I'll do my best to put this on a regular schedule so to keep it on pace.
Great! Thanks Larry - it's not as much as it looks because Gilbert doesn't say as much as you might think in each chapter.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:There was a very long silence at the start of the file, so maybe something went wrong. Anyway, just give me another one in the next file please. You should use whatever you have used in the past - the catalogue name shouldn't change.
Hmm strange, I just downloaded it on this computer and I can hear the credits. Maybe the error happened during the downloading at your local computer.

Never mind, I have a few more chapters to record, and I'll say the credits each time, so you'll have some samples to pick from in the end.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

a rather short chapter 5 for Cousin Sophia: 0:40 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_05_cousin_sophia.mp3

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Etel and Sonia! I'll put those in the MW - I won't be able to PL them all at once, but I'll get there soon! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is another short one: Chapter 8. Recording time: 0:39 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_08_cousin_sophia.mp3

edit: I'm well aware that I pronounced Senlis wrongly, but it said so in the text, that Cousin Sophia isn't good at pronouncing French names. So the mistake was on purpose.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 11, even shorter: recording time: 0:19 min.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_11_cousin_sophia.mp3
Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I agree - the point is that Susan and Sophia are not very educated and haven't heard of these places before. That's why they have to ask Anne or Miss Oliver how to pronounce the place names.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Etel, these are all PL OK! :thumbs: You've done the first two characters fully PL OK! :clap:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cousin Sophia Chapters 3, 5, 8 and 11 are all PL OK! Lovely readings! :clap:

I have a voice credit now, so you don't need to say it at the start of every chapter - just give the character and chapter number thanks. You don't need to say "End of chapter" either - that's all part of the narration. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:Cousin Sophia Chapters 3, 5, 8 and 11 are all PL OK! Lovely readings! :clap:

I have a voice credit now, so you don't need to say it at the start of every chapter - just give the character and chapter number thanks. You don't need to say "End of chapter" either - that's all part of the narration. :thumbs:

I actually say the end of chapter line so that the PLer knows I'm finished now. So if there is a line missing, I missed it and not that something was cut off. I can leave it out next time, if it's bothering you.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It doesn't really matter - I'm PLing against the text so I'm reading it as I listen and can see where you up to. It isn't necessary, but whatever you like is fine.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here's chapter 15...I seem to be constantly sighing and moaning in this play, it's somehow hilarious LOL
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_15_cousin_sophia.mp3
Recording time: 0:35 min.
Sonia