COMPLETE Rilla of Ingleside - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mike, lovely readings! Just one PL note for Chapter 5:

@0:23 "I must ring the manse" you don't pronounce the "e" on the end. It's "Manss" (It means the house owned by the church where the pastor lives.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GRZIc-FdQ

All the other chapters were PL OK! Lovely expressive readings! :thumbs:

(You don't need to fix it this time, as we can close up the gaps in editing, but if you are doing a long paragraph of talking, it works better if you don't leave long gaps for full stops. About 1 second max. Then it is clearer which are gaps for full stops and which are 3 second gaps for editing between lines. This will be particularly noticeable in Chapter 11, where you are the only person talking in the letter and there are no other lines to be edited in. If you wanted to have a go closing up the gaps that would be helpful for our editor!)

Also, I draw to your attention the "Rainbow Valley" project linked in blue in my signature! Jem Blythe is taken, but you could play Gilbert Blythe and be your own father...! :lol:
Last edited by Elizabby on July 3rd, 2016, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SweetPea wrote:Rilla Chapters 24, 32, and 35 are also ready for spot PL.
Thanks Rachel, I'll PL these as soon as I can. Also, in case you missed it, if you have time Chapter 31 is ready for editing!
MikeyHaz

Post by MikeyHaz »

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words :)

I've fixed the issue in chapter 5 and have tried to standardise the pauses in chapter 11:

http://uploads.librivox.org/rapunzelina/rilladr_05_jemblythe.mp3 (00:43)
http://uploads.librivox.org/rapunzelina/rilladr_11_jemblythe.mp3 (02:54)

If anything else needs tweaking please let me know.

Mike

PS I'll have a look at Rainbow Valley, thanks :)
Always happy to receive feedback, especially the constructive kind :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mike! Brilliant work! Chapter 11 is now perfect, and so is the "manse"! :thumbs:

See you over in Rainbow Valley! :mrgreen:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SweetPea wrote:Rilla Chapters 24, 32, and 35 are also ready for spot PL.
"Rilla" is all complete! All the character lines - the biggest part apart from the narration - are all done and PL perfect! :thumbs:

Just in terms of editing, I'm turning orange the chapters with only one character's lines to go and green when the chapter is ready to edit.

We are getting close! Only 4 characters left to be recorded, plus 2 with PL notes and all the recording will be in! :mrgreen:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Exciting!! :clap: :clap:
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

All four chapters of narrator with PL notes are ready for spot PL! :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:All four chapters of narrator with PL notes are ready for spot PL! :D
Chapters 16, 17, 19 and 29 are all PL OK! :clap:

I only have the last four chapters to PL and the narration will be all done! (I've been doing the rest of the narration files slowly, but if there were no PL notes, I've just moved them around in the MW without necessarily posting each time.)
RupertHolliday

Post by RupertHolliday »

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! Chapter 6 is now PL OK. :thumbs:

Chapter 25 just has one line that isn't clear, and I know the colour makes the punctuation hard to see, but you've made it sound like a period when it was meant to be a comma. Here's the line:
"Take me? No.
I'm going, Susan — got to."
Could you give that one a last try for me? Also, please watch the format of the filenames as given in the first post. If you use the consistent file naming protocol then the most recent file is on the top of the pile! 8-)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Here are the required extra lines for Cousin Sophia. Sorry, because of my new microphone, it doesn't sound at all the same than the rest :( not much consolation that it sounds better now, I would have preferred that it sounded the same...would be less confusing

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_18_cousin_sophia_extra.mp3
Recording time: 10 glorious seconds LOL

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration PL note Ch 25:

There is a lot of background noise under the intro, which is finished by the time the actual text starts. You might be able to cut and paste an intro from another chapter - Chapter 5 has the short intro, so you would only need to cut in the actual chapter number (25) for that one to work. Otherwise, you'll need to re-record the intro as the background noises are startlingly loud!

There is also a lot of noise in the silence at the end, so maybe a quick re-do of the 5 seconds of silence too please, or cut and paste if you can find a minute somewhere else.

Ch 28 is PL OK!

Ch 18 at 2:26 there is a "Mrs Oliver" instead of "Miss Oliver" but I think this might be able to be corrected with a quick cut and paste, or even just a quick cut? If it can't be fixed by editing, then I'll need you to re-record that sentence please.
Last edited by Elizabby on July 9th, 2016, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kitty wrote:Here are the required extra lines for Cousin Sophia. Sorry, because of my new microphone, it doesn't sound at all the same than the rest :( not much consolation that it sounds better now, I would have preferred that it sounded the same...would be less confusing

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_18_cousin_sophia_extra.mp3
Recording time: 10 glorious seconds LOL

Sonia
Thanks! This is PL OK! :thumbs: I like the sound of the new mic by the way! What is it?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote:I like the sound of the new mic by the way! What is it?
Blue Yeti and yes, I am VERY happy with it. I wish I had bought it earlier, my audio quality has so much improved since I use it. I am sorry for all my early recordings where I have this bad quality. But I guess that is the fate of many beginners' recordings.

Sonia