COMPLETE Rilla of Ingleside - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
East

Post by East »

Hello!

Could I please read Nan and Di Blythe, as they're twins (and don't appear in the same chapters)? Or is that confusing / greedy / not done? Sorry, I'm new here!
Are you wanting Canadian accents? If so, could I read Jims instead, as I have a British accent and I doubt it would matter as much with a toddler?

I will get my 1 minute recording up soon :)

Thank you!
Anna
Last edited by East on January 5th, 2016, 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I am definitely still interested, really excited about this project! :D :clap:
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I would try Section 56 - Station Master (or Agent) depending on the chapter. :wink: When will the other text links be ready ?
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks David, your claim is in the MW. The scripts are all done - it was just that the project went live at almost midnight my time. My past experience has been that if I do coding late at night I muck it up and have to redo it in the morning! :roll: I'll finish putting in the links today.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

East wrote:Hello!

Could I please read Nan and Di Blythe, as they're twins (and don't appear in the same chapters)? Or is that confusing / greedy / not done? Sorry, I'm new here!
Are you wanting Canadian accents? If so, could I read Jims instead, as I have a British accent and I doubt it would matter as much with a toddler?

Thank you!
Anna
Hi Anna!

Thanks for your interest - I will ask you to choose just one main character for now, please. Accent doesn't matter so you can take whatever you like -I'm narrating and I'm not Canadian either. If you want a large girl part, I'd suggest Irene Howard - she is one of the "frenemies" of Rilla. You can also take any of the 1 or 2 chapter characters that don't occur in the same chapter.

Please do get your 1 minute test done and approved before you record though. I'll also need your voice credit name for the catalogue - that can be your forum name, real name or whatever you like that listeners will use to find more of your work in the catalogue!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Susan Baker has been orphaned by PM.

I am considering taking her, if anyone else would like to take over the narration?
East

Post by East »

Elizabby wrote:
East wrote:Hello!

Thank you!
Anna
Hi Anna!

Thanks for your interest - I will ask you to choose just one main character for now, please. Accent doesn't matter so you can take whatever you like -I'm narrating and I'm not Canadian either. If you want a large girl part, I'd suggest Irene Howard - she is one of the "frenemies" of Rilla. You can also take any of the 1 or 2 chapter characters that don't occur in the same chapter.

Please do get your 1 minute test done and approved before you record though. I'll also need your voice credit name for the catalogue - that can be your forum name, real name or whatever you like that listeners will use to find more of your work in the catalogue!
Thanks for your reply!

Oh, great!
I'd forgotten that Irene was a younger character, so I'd be happy to read her! Always fun to play someone so full of themselves. As for the 1 chapter characters, could I please read Una Meredith?
Of course :) I haven't quite decided yet whether I want my full name, but I will get back to you on that asap!

Anna
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

McFarlane wrote:Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Accent is not a consideration - I'm Australian! So Kenneth Ford is all yours! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Susan Baker and Narrator are filled, Mary Vance is orphaned.
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I'll do the singers in Chapters 15 and 17 if that's alright. :)
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Here are the first few chapters of Rilla!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_01_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_02_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_03_rilla.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/rilladr_04_rilla.mp3

Please let me know if there's anything you want redone, for whatever reason. :) I'm afraid I sound a bit too whiny in that last bit of chapter 4. :lol:
These are really long chapters, so I'm hoping to do a few per week, if that works. I'll try to get it done in two months but we'll see how it goes.

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant stuff, Rachel! :clap:

For the big roles like Rilla, Susan Baker and the Narrator, I don't actually expect to get it all done within 2 months. It would be nice to get within shouting distance but I'm not going to be rigid about it when we have 73 characters to fill! :shock: I'm in it for the long haul, not expecting a short sprint...
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

Elizabby wrote:
McFarlane wrote:Hi there I'd love to do Kenneth Ford, the only thing is I know the Anne of Green Gables story and I know this is Canadian so should I do an accent as I am Scottish. I'm not sure my accent would fit in with the script.
Accent is not a consideration - I'm Australian! So Kenneth Ford is all yours! :thumbs:
thanks so much I'm excited about this role!
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!
etel13

Post by etel13 »

Hi,
I have an accent, because I'm not a native American, but you if don't mind could I claim Mrs Meredith section 25 chapters 6 and 32. Also Mrs, Reese, chapter 23?
Thank you :D
Etel