[COMPLETE] History of Chemistry by Thomas Thomson - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
petalbounce

Post by petalbounce »

Thanks!! :D Glad to see that I did okay-ish. :wink: I will try to do a re-record sometime this week, so worry not. for some reason, when I tried to print off a hard copy, the only one that would print for me was the one that had some of the words cut off on either end, so I tried my best to check with the digital version. I will go in and make any and all corrections that I am able to, and get back to you ASAP. :mrgreen:
Thanks!

Petalbounce :3
janbbeck

Post by janbbeck »

petalbounce wrote:Thanks!! :D Glad to see that I did okay-ish. :wink: I will try to do a re-record sometime this week, so worry not. for some reason, when I tried to print off a hard copy, the only one that would print for me was the one that had some of the words cut off on either end, so I tried my best to check with the digital version. I will go in and make any and all corrections that I am able to, and get back to you ASAP. :mrgreen:
More than just okay-ish. All the fundamentals are very good. With just a little practice you will be awesome.
petalbounce

Post by petalbounce »

Heh heh. :9: thanks! :mrgreen:
Thanks!

Petalbounce :3
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

I'm a newbie. I've submitted the test recording. I'd like to do Volume 2, Chapter 4 if possible. Thanks!!
Sienna

Post by Sienna »

AggieMT wrote:I'm a newbie. I've submitted the test recording. I'd like to do Volume 2, Chapter 4 if possible. Thanks!!
No problem. A couple of questions:
1. What name do you want to use in the catalog?
2. Do you want to claim all 6 sections (sections 55-60)?
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

Yes, I can do the entire chapter. Do people normally use their own names for the catalog, or a pseudonym?
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

I've made a stab at section 55. It is 17:39. Here's the link.
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofchemistry_55_thomson_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance for all help I know is needed :wink:

Lisa
Sienna

Post by Sienna »

AggieMT wrote:Yes, I can do the entire chapter. Do people normally use their own names for the catalog, or a pseudonym?
I think most people use a pseudo for privacy reason. Whatever your preference is. I use my forum name as the catalog name.

Let me know so I can add you as a reader.
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

AggieMT is fine then. Thanks.
janbbeck

Post by janbbeck »

AggieMT wrote:I've made a stab at section 55. It is 17:39. Here's the link.

Thanks in advance for all help I know is needed :wink:

Lisa
Wow! Awesome reading.
just some small notes:
at about 9:17 - "Barytes" is read as "Baryates"
at about 13:14 "commission for medicines" is read as "commission for his medicines"
at about 13:32 "the other for officers" is read as "one other.."
at about 14:29 "from 1797 to 1810 ......of the science " is double read
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

May I have sections 37 and 38, please?

Thanks,

Peter Why
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

Here's the file with corrections. The sound is somewhat different where I had to replace sentences. I don't know if that can be fixed or not - I can re-record if need be. I'm trying a different setup to see what gives the best sound, and so far I think what I threw together on my first day was actually the best of them all. I'm going to try to recreate that on a more permanent level - I just couldn't quite get there today.
janbbeck

Post by janbbeck »

AggieMT wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofchemistry_55_thomson_128kb.mp3

Here's the file with corrections. The sound is somewhat different where I had to replace sentences. I don't know if that can be fixed or not - I can re-record if need be. I'm trying a different setup to see what gives the best sound, and so far I think what I threw together on my first day was actually the best of them all. I'm going to try to recreate that on a more permanent level - I just couldn't quite get there today.
PL ok. Totally up to you if you want to do any work at all on the audio quality.
Sienna

Post by Sienna »

Peter Why wrote:May I have sections 37 and 38, please?

Thanks,

Peter Why
Sections assigned!
Thanks!
AggieMT

Post by AggieMT »

Section 56 is done. I uploaded twice because I forgot to copy my link the first time. Files are exactly the same. Here's the link from the second upload.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofchemistry_56_thomson_128kb.mp3