COMPLETE Entrapped by Alice Mangold Diehl - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

I'm fine with Tricia's idea. The content is all PL OK. I was just seeing if I could figure out a way. : )
Mike
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Thank you both! You've been patient, and I'm glad to have had both of you to work on this with me.
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

I've marked Chapter 02 PL OK, so the project is ready for cataloging. Congratulations, Erin!
Mike
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Erin, I wanted to offer one more suggestion for your recording environment for future reference. Think about generating white noise during your recordings that can be cleaned using the Noise Removal function.

I use a 6 inch electric fan, running on it's high setting, as my white noise generator. The fan sits about 6 feet away and I point it toward me. It has a steady low hum, the wave form of which is easy to sample with the Noise Removal -> Get Noise Profile button. Then my first edit on any recording is to run Noise Removal on the background with the white noise. I edit out the signal aggressively, usually around 22 db in the Noise Removal dialog. After this, so long as I'm not breathing or smacking my lips, the background level is basically zero, or flat.

The white noise removal also smooths out and makes less noticeable some other noises, too, such as my laptop, mouse and keyboard noise, small creaks and clicks from the furniture, floors and walls, and some bird chirps, etc. It doesn't help with big noises, like jets flying over, or string trimmers or lawn mowers. If you have a quiet fan, try something like this in a future recording, see how it works, and then lock in the placement of the fan, your mic, and you.
Mike
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/entrapped-by-alice-mangold-diehl/

Congratulations on your first solo... but the second one cataloged. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart