[COMPLETE] Leviathan (Bks I-II) by Thomas Hobbes - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

CarlManchester wrote:http://www.carlmanchester.net/hobbes/leviathan_03_hobbes.mp3

You can give me chapter 9 now if you like.
Thank you Carl - magic box is now updated.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I'm starting to post this in my projects, in case you haven't heard:
Audacity (free recording software for Mac/Win that most LibriVox volunteers use) has a new version out which fantastic, much improved noise removal! So if you can detect some background noise in your recordings (listen with headphones), head over to this thread, where all is revealed!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Copy of a post for you all:
Smokey B. wrote:Howdy.

I am a new volunteer, and would like to begin with Section 27, which I expect to record within a week or so.

As a musician I know much of recording and have excellent equipment.

May have some trouble converting the file, but I'm sure it can be done.

Many thanks!

-B.
Laurie Anne
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

Oh - took me a minute, but I got it. I'll go update the magic window.

Wecome aboard!
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

BTW, everybody, I'm around again! I'm sorry this project has not been given the attention it ought to have been by me.

I'm very excited about the group we've got here - that team Leviathan is so international, and that we've got so many new readers - and I'm looking forward to working with you all as we move forward.

Please write me if you have any questions or concerns. Over the next few days, I'll try to write each of you to check in.

Also, mostly unrelatedly, I ran across this recently, and would like to share it with you:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/lists/11JulieanneSmolinski.html

Thanks all!
hugh mac

Post by hugh mac »

hey all,

apologies for claiming sections and then disappearing for two months but i was detained by the fascinating yet unmitigated chaos of everyday life.

anyway, just wanted to assure you that i will send the files soon. I have ch 4 recorded. It just needs a quick edit so you should have it in a couple of days. ch.6 should follow soon.
hugh mac

Post by hugh mac »

04 IV - Of Speech
http://download.yousendit.com/7817180544B1F519

length- 23:45
niniel

Post by niniel »

Hi,

I'd like to read Chapter 25, "On Counsel"

I hope this is how it works, I'm not so sure, as this is going to be my first recording ever.
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

hugh mac: Thanks! Sounds good.

niniel: You are signed up. Please PM or IM me if you have any questions or concerns!
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
aragorn44

Post by aragorn44 »

I'll do the remainder of the available chapters! Just fill me in the slot and I'll begin when I see I've been assigned them!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

D.E., due to a glitch in the database, all posts, and magic box updates, of the last 24 hours are irretrievably lost. I know you posted yesterday; would you please re-post.
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

Wow, that's a strange glitch. Thanks Gesine!

Kirsten: Thanks! Sounds great!

aragorn44: I've signed you up for two sections to start. Let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in some way!
Arouet

Post by Arouet »

I'll take section 23, if I may. :)

edit: whoops, didn't see Aragorn's post.
Let me know if I can still help.
"You are irresistibly determined to reason badly, and you fulfill your destiny as I do mine."
~Francois-Marie Arouet
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

I would like to do Section 30, XXX - Of the Office of the Sovereign Representative.

Nicholas