Post by Lynnet »

mjb0123 wrote:Finished another. Cheers!

21:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/britishgoblins_16_sikes_128kb.mp3

Matt
Thank you
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

I think I need to orphan my sections here -- my backlog has gotten frustrating. Thanks.
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AprilWalters wrote:I think I need to orphan my sections here -- my backlog has gotten frustrating. Thanks.
Thanks for letting me know.
baileyspring

Post by baileyspring »

Book 2 Chapter 3 - PL OK

Tom
:D
“There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature.” - P.G.Wodehouse
baileyspring

Post by baileyspring »

Book 2 Chapter 4

PL Comments: The closing statement says 'End of Book 2 Chapter 3' rather than chapter 4

Tom
“There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature.” - P.G.Wodehouse
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hi Lynne, I will attempt section 10, Welsh and all :shock:
I may have missed some of the instructions, but do you want the chapter descriptions read as well ? No footnotes I presume.
CHAPTER IX wrote:Piety as a Protection from the Seductions of the Tylwyth Teg—Various Exorcisms—Cock-crowing—The Name of God—Fencing off the Fairies—Old Betty Griffith and her Eithin Barricade—Means of Getting Rid of the Tylwyth Teg—The Bwbach of the Hendrefawr Farm—The Pwca’r Trwyn’s Flitting in a Jug of Barm.
I.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aradlaw wrote:Hi Lynne, I will attempt section 10, Welsh and all :shock:
I may have missed some of the instructions, but do you want the chapter descriptions read as well ? No footnotes I presume.
CHAPTER IX wrote:Piety as a Protection from the Seductions of the Tylwyth Teg—Various Exorcisms—Cock-crowing—The Name of God—Fencing off the Fairies—Old Betty Griffith and her Eithin Barricade—Means of Getting Rid of the Tylwyth Teg—The Bwbach of the Hendrefawr Farm—The Pwca’r Trwyn’s Flitting in a Jug of Barm.
I.
Thank you. No need to read that (I'm not sure I was specific, but I am now)
As for the Welsh, where a translation is provided, you can skip the Welsh unless you feel brave. For the shorter phrases, names etc, there are some online guides but an 'easy' guide is that 'y' sounds like 'I' and 'w' is 'oo' as in 'book'. No one has stepped up as an expert so no one can complain at our inexpert attempts :lol:

My favorite word from my days living in Wales was when I saw on a large white vehicle "ambwlwns"...pronounced exactly as in English :D
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Brave or not, here is section 10 with non-accented Welsh :roll:
https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/britishgoblins_10_sikes_128kb.mp3
13:06
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

aradlaw wrote:Brave or not, here is section 10 with non-accented Welsh :roll:
https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/britishgoblins_10_sikes_128kb.mp3
13:06
Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

As previously discussed with Matt, I have removed his claims from sections 17-21. Matt, if you want to reclaim in the future, just let me know.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 5 is ready for PL.
baileyspring

Post by baileyspring »

Section 5 - PL OK

Tom
baileyspring

Post by baileyspring »

Section 10 - PL OK

Tom
Geralizze

Post by Geralizze »

May I have book 1 chapter 2?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Geralizze wrote:May I have book 1 chapter 2?
Thank you for claiming. Unfortunately I can't get you started as I'm on the road but I have asked Bev if she will help out til I get home.
In the meantime, have you completed your one minute test? It's more of a test of your specs than you, but we ask all new readers to go through it. I'd recommend waiting until you get the thumbs up on that before recording "for real" although you might want to pre-read the section as this book is a little challenging for some people.
One of the things I've asked Bev to help with is adding you to the catalog - all readers need to be in there. Most of us go by our real names, but you can use your forum name or a pseudonym. Just let us know.
Any questions, just ask.
Lynne