(Complete) The Story of Dr Dolittle by Hugh Lofting-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Digs

Post by Digs »

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_sarah-doolittle_01_03.mp3

Sarah Doolittle, above, uploaded. Since there are only very few lines, I read chapter 1 and chapter 3 in the same file.

Thanks!
Dorothy.
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks very much! You did a very good job of the part :D . I just have a few notes:
- First of all, please never record more than one chapter in the same file, no matter how short they are. It makes it a lot easier for me when I edit if you upload separate files, and it makes the MW clearer. When you re-upload, could you copy and paste chapter 2 into a separate file?
- Second, I need you to say "Sarah Dolittle, read by [your name] at the beginning of the first file.
- Last, in chapter 1 you are missing one line: "Look at him now!"

That's it! Thanks so much! :D
P. S. I just realized that I still haven't put you in the catalogue. What name shall I use?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Can I play the White Mouse?
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yes! :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Digs

Post by Digs »

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_sarah-doolittle_03.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_sarah-doolittle_01.mp3

Hi, SweetPea,
Newbie mistakes! :oops:
I split the two chapters, one and three, with the "read by..." at the beginning of each.
I checked the text of Ch. 1, and the line "look at him now" appears to be the narrator's - but, to let you decide, I added it to the end of ch. 1 recording. You may choose to ignore it....

For the catalogue, please use my name, Dorothy Godfrey-Smith. Thank you :D

Dorothy.
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

No problem! Almost everybody does something wrong with their first recording :D
The full line at the end is the things the townspeople would say about Dr. Dolittle. I split it up into parts, for the Townsperson, Cats-Meat-Man, and Sarah.

Sarah Dolittle is now PL OK! Here is your catalogue page: https://librivox.org/reader/9860
Rachel

EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Hi,

Here's the pushmi pullyu: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_pushmipullyu_10.mp3

It is 1:07.

Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks Esther! You are so great at character voices :D The pushmi pullyu is PL OK!
Can I interest you in any more parts? That one was pretty small :)
Rachel

EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

I'll read TooToo the Owl, if you want. In the shared line in Chapter 19, do you want me to read the whole thing and then you lay it over top?

Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you!
yes, please read the whole line.
Rachel

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you! :D
Edit: I don't see a link for chapter 21. It's fine if you haven't recorded it yet, just making sure you didn't do it and forget to post the link.
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Adele,
Chee-Chee sounds great! :D Please don't redo it, your normal voice doesn't sound nearly as monkeyish :lol:
In chapter 9, around 14 seconds you said "he owns money" when it should be "he owes money".
Everything else is PL OK!

Thank you!
Rachel

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

SweetPea wrote:Thank you! :D
Edit: I don't see a link for chapter 21. It's fine if you haven't recorded it yet, just making sure you didn't do it and forget to post the link.
Oops, I did. It should be here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordoolittle_cheechee_21.mp3

I'll fix the mistake soon. :)
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

PL OK!
Rachel