(Complete) The Story of Dr Dolittle by Hugh Lofting-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Maria, could you please delete section 40? Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Section 40 is deleted. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks!
Rachel

jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

May I claim Sarah? :D

Edit : Oops, I see that there is under copyright +70 years... :cry:

Sorry, but I cannot claim it...
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Narration chapter 1 PL notes:
- at 1:50 the word is "rabbits", you read "rats". Since the next animals mentioned are mice, I think this makes a difference.
- at 2:45 the word is "Saturday", you read "Sunday".

Great reading! Thank you!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

jessieyun0404 wrote:May I claim Sarah? :D

Edit : Oops, I see that there is under copyright +70 years... :cry:

Sorry, but I cannot claim it...
Sorry about that, Jessie :cry:
You can listen to it in 2 years, though ;)
Rachel

Digs

Post by Digs »

Hi, I'd be happy to do Sarah Doolittle. I looked at the text links, and it appears that she has lines in chapters 1 and 3 only, despite chapter 2 being mentioned in the magic window for her character.

Dorothy/Digs.
------------------------------
A neutron comes into a bar and orders a beer. How much? he asks. The bartender replies, "for you, no charge".
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

That would be great, thank you! Please don't record, though, until you've had your one-minute-test okayed. It looks like Tricia has checked it out :)
You're right, Sarah doesn't appear in chapter 2. I've changed that.
How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? This can be your real name, forum name, or something else. We can also link to a personal website or blog. (My catalogue page is here)
Thanks so much!

(Maria, could you delete section 64, please? Sorry, for some reason on this project I keep ending up with too many sections. It's usually the other way round, and I can add sections myself.)
Rachel

Adamski

Post by Adamski »

Could I do Doctor Dolittle? 8-)
The surest way to eliminate a right is to declare it an obligation

My current projects

Doctor Dolittle
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yes!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I felt like being a pirate, even if it's only 2 lines :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/doctordolittle_pirate1_15.mp3
Also Dab-Dab chapter 18 has been fixed.
Rachel

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Dab-Dab the duck is now PL OK! :thumbs:

Pirate 1 is actually missing two other lines which are coloured in light blue. You'll probably want to do those lines as well, unless you want to recolour them for Pirate 2 to read?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Ooops :oops:
Rachel