COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

msfry wrote:The actual title of the book is Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer's Comrade. Thus, I presume we should at least drop "the" from the title as it isn't anywhere in the text.
Just for Chapter 1, I added to the Intro what you see in red below, taken from the Title page on the Gutenberg facsimile page: For future chapters, I omitted the red. And we could omit Tom Sawyer's Comrade from future chapters, too but I'm thinking it should at least go on the title page and first chapter.
This sounds good to me :)
I would appreciate if you'd PL OK (or not OK) this file before I upload any more. Thanks!
PL OK! It sounds great! :thumbs:

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SteveToner

Post by SteveToner »

I'll take Huck's Father, uncensored and unabashed... :)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thanks for claiming :)
Rachel

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

HI, I'd like to claim Aunt Sally, please:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thank you! :D
Rachel

PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

Oh, my lordy, lordy. The part of Mr. Clemens, section 0 is "UP FOR GRABS". Be still my beating heart. Typin' jus' as fas' as Ah can.

Please assign me section 0, Mark Twain.
I will roll over & die.
:mrgreen:
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks for claiming! :D
Rachel

PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

I'd like to also claim Judge Thatcher & Ab Turner.
It looks like the Judges lines are all in Chap 4 in the one exchange with Huck.
Ab appears in the trial scene and all his lines are delivered in tandem with his pard, 'both of them' speaking. Have I got all the bits here?
If so I'd like to claim sections 76 and 77, Judge Thatcher/ Ab Turner.
Social Media is an Oxymoron. Big Brother is watching.... keep it under your hat.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

PapaDoug wrote:I'd like to also claim Judge Thatcher & Ab Turner.
It looks like the Judges lines are all in Chap 4 in the one exchange with Huck
That's right.
Ab appears in the trial scene and all his lines are delivered in tandem with his pard, 'both of them' speaking.
Chapter 29 is one of the chapters I had a hard time with, since there's a whole crowd and lots of group lines and lots of the time you can't tell who's talking ;)
Please read all the lines in dark blue. Three lines will be read by a few people and layered together (well there's more, but you're only in three of them):
"We didn't see no such mark."
"Hooray!"
"We'll do it!"

Then there are a couple lines that are split up (they are too long to layer and it would be too hard to understand what was being said). So please just record the parts of them that are in dark blue:
"No, we didn't. We never seen any marks at all."
"The whole bilin' of 'm 's frauds! Le's duck 'em! le's drown 'em! le's ride 'em on a rail!"

Does that make sense? :D
Thanks for claiming!
Rachel

PapaDoug

Post by PapaDoug »

It sure does, though I see them in bold and black, the lines are clear.

I'll get on it right away, chief.

:wink:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Great! :D
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck's Chapter 2 is uploaded, ready for PL. Only . . . . if you or anyone can advise me how to get rid of the "recorded in a cave" sound throughout the file beginning at :30, bypassing the intro, I don't know how I got it to begin with. My other files don't have it. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_02.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

thank you!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck Finn for chapter 2 is PL OK!
This file doesn't sound any different than chapter 1 to me... :hmm: I have heard chapters that sound sort of like they've been "recorded in a cave" but this doesn't really sound like that to me :)
Thanks!
Rachel