COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 28th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Huck chapter 1 is great! You make a good Huck :)
Just a couple of PL notes:
- repeat @ 2:36
- stumble @ 4:47
- plus there is a little background noise, but I can fix that when I'm editing everything together :)

Thank you!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire

AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters » March 28th, 2015, 7:38 pm

So I need to edit those bits out? :oops: I'll explore more of Audacity tonight and tomorrow. :?

I'm glad you liked it in general! :D I did a lot of other Voxing today so I would warm up to this. Twain's dialect does SO MUCH of the work though.
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 28th, 2015, 8:36 pm

Yes, please edit those bits out when you get a chance :)
If you zoom in on the track you can use the mouse to select bits, then just press the backspace or delete key on your keyboard :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire

tygerscales

Post by tygerscales » March 29th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Hi. I just stumbled into Librivox last night and wanted to give a small part a try. Mrs. Judith Loftus in chapter 11 seems appropriately manageable. I can manage a stable accent, but I don't think it's regionally correct.

I'm working off of a Chromebook and can't download Audacity, so I'm experimenting with what I can get ahold of. So far, not great where editing and formatting capability is concerned. I'll keep looking.

As a disclaimer, I'm going out of town Tuesday morning and won't be back in a recording position until the 18th or 19th. I'm going to record the lines at least once or twice today with what I have since there aren't too many of them. Hopefully I'll only need to make a few corrections when I get back. Assuming I get the part, that is.

Thanks!
Denise

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 29th, 2015, 3:15 pm

Hi Denise! Welcome! :)
Sure, Mrs. Judith is a nice small part for a beginner :) Please do your 1-minute test first though - this is NOT an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right :)

Thank you! :D
Rachel

tygerscales

Post by tygerscales » March 29th, 2015, 4:12 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_tygerscales.mp3

Making the best of the situation, I'm currently recording with the app Smart Voice Recorder for Android with a set of Yurbuds (ear buds w/ mic), and converting from wav to mp3 via Audio Converter.

In the first part, I'm also testing out the accent, so let me know if any of that sounds irregular.
Thanks,
Denise

P.S. This is also up in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, per the instructions.

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 29th, 2015, 4:28 pm

Great!
The accent sounds good to me. There's just one thing I noticed - your volume is way too loud. Right now it's 100db - we aim for 89db, with from 86-92db being acceptable. You can check your own volume with our nifty little Checker program :) I don't know how to (de)amplify outside of Audacity though - whoever checks it in Listeners wanted will help you with that.

Oh, and everyone who has completed something (or been assigned to a section) has a catalogue page. Mine is HERE. Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Thank you!
Rachel

DSayers

Post by DSayers » March 29th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Could I please play the King?

-denny
[u][url=http://tinyurl.com/MyLVReadings][color=purple][size=84]Projects Completed & In Progress[/size][/color][/url][/u].

KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon » March 30th, 2015, 2:42 am

SweetPea wrote:I don't know how to (de)amplify outside of Audacity though - whoever checks it in Listeners wanted will help you with that.
You can use MP3 Gain to amplify or de-amplify MP3 files: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 30th, 2015, 9:27 am

Thanks Larry!
DSayers wrote:Could I please play the King?

-denny
Sure, thank you! :)
KiltedDragon wrote:
SweetPea wrote:I don't know how to (de)amplify outside of Audacity though - whoever checks it in Listeners wanted will help you with that.
You can use MP3 Gain to amplify or de-amplify MP3 files: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php
Thanks Barry!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 30th, 2015, 11:46 am

Doctor is PL OK!
Rachel

AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters » March 30th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Improved Huck - chapter 1 (7:01) -- my husband's been learning Audacity and done a lot of the noise reduction and other improvements, besides stumble-checking. I'll be passing things through him first in the future. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_01.mp3
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 30th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Thank you! In the future, please keep your file names consistent - choose either huck or huckfinn or whatever and stick to it :)
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » March 30th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Chapter 1 is now PL OK and ready to edit! :D
Rachel