(Complete) History of the Catholic Church...Vol 2 -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

Chapter 5 is okay. :thumbs:
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

I haven't disappeared! Just a really long chapter again! It is finally done and ready for you to listen to at your leisure - in two files.

The next one should come much sooner - as it is much shorter - then there are three long ones in a row......
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

8 and 9 are okay. :) I knew you would be back as soon as you snow melted. :lol: I have finished recording my section for St. Benedict and am now in the process of editing. I definitely have a new found respect for all of your work. :thumbs:
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ next one is ready!

The snow piles melted awhile ago, but it can't make up it's mind if it wants to be winter or spring. Yesterday we had snow showers and it was about 20 degrees this morning.....one day 70 the next day winter is about the way it is going right now! Definitely a very slow spring for sure!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

10 is okay, but you will need to add about 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Oh, how I would love some of your cold weather. We went from a spring like winter directly to summer. It's been in the 90's the past few days. I haven't watered my front lawn since last October, mainly due to the drought. It's all dead. I scheduled appointments this coming week with 2 landscaping companies to give bids to have the front done in xeriscaping. I'm not sure what to expect price wise, but I'm hoping I won't get sticker shock. :shock:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

The next chapter is finally ready ~ in two sections. I planned on having it done two weeks ago - but that didn't happen!

It has still been a gradual spring here, but definitely warmer than a few weeks ago. :-) I'd send you some of our rain if I could - we've had plenty!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria, :)

11 has one small error.

@~31:03 missed edit.

If they could not penetrate into the North or West they determined to make an excursion into the "four shires above the Barrow"...

I'll finish up with 12 tomorrow evening.

We hired a landscaping company to do our front lawn. They are starting next Tuesday, a week ahead of schedule. It wasn't much of a sticker shock, within our budget, buy the good news is that the County of L.A. water district has a cash back program for removal of grass and replacing it with drought tolerant plants. We can expect to receive any where from 50¢ to 2 dollars per square foot. We are replacing about 2,000 square feet of lawn, this will help. I'll send some before and after pictures when it's complete.

Hugh
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Evening Maria,

12 is okay. :)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

Well, it's only been over a month, and I finally have the next chapter ready. It does run almost two hours, so that is a partial excuse for taking so long! :D

The next one should be ready much sooner. It will run about the same I think, but I've been forcing myself to record about 20 minutes a day of it for the last week or so (though I was bad and only did 10 minutes yesterday), so it is getting really close to being done - which makes me really happy!

I really, really, really want to get this book finished!!!!!!

Oh, and 11 is corrected as well.

Glad to here that your lawn renovation wasn't too much of a sticker shock. I hope it turned out well!
I can send you some nice green grass that won't stop growing if you like. The weeds are doing well this year as well if you want some of those. :mrgreen:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

11 and 13 are okay. :)

14 has a missed edit @ ~2:08

...the crops and the cattle were destroyed in a hope of starving out the scattered followers of Desmond, and a force composed of Spaniards and Italians were butchered after they agreed to surrender the fortress of Dunanore.

I would love some of your nice green grass, even green weeds would be welcome. :lol: Unfortunately, I've pretty much stopped watering almost everything. The front yard is done, I'm going to PM some pics to you. Tracy and I think it turned out very nice. The backyard lawn is about 90% dead. I'm going to try and keep a small section in front of the patio green. Wanna buy a lawnmower? :D It's a self propelled, mulching mower, about 4 years old. :lol: :lol:

No worries in taking more time than usual. We are still very busy at work, so busy in fact that we are outsourcing some of our work overseas to India. Our management team is from India, so they made the call to go there. Not the best decision in my opinion, as I think we will be losing money due to the increase in costs, i.e. transportation, increase in lead time and inventory to cover any mistakes that can, and will happen. We could have, and should have found a local company to help us out. Just my 2¢.

Hugh
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh! I've fixed 14.

No new chapters for you today. I have had the next one finished for over a week, but haven't had the inclination or time to start editing it. Hopefully I'll get to it this week. :-)

Our weather is crazy. It goes from really hot and humid, to in the fifties the last two days. Wearing sweaters in June was not on the top of my list! I thought it was safe to put away the winter clothes. It is only 55 degrees out right now (and dreary)!

Hope everything with work works out okay, despite the outsourcing to India!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Evening Maria,

14 is okay. :D

We are going thru the same weather as you are. Hot for a few days, then it cools down. I still have my extra blanket if I need it. :lol:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh!

Well, it took a bit longer than I wanted, but the next chapter is up - in two sections totally just shy of two hours. I just wasn't motivated to edit it for a while - plus I've been really busy, and the weather is not nice - really hot and humid. I guess summer finally hit. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Evening Maria, :D

Just tried downloading 15 and 16 and it wasn't meant to be. Bad link maybe?

Busy is good, keeps you out of trouble. :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

They are working fine for me. Are you by chance using Firefox? They made some kind of change in the browser that makes downloading from the MW not work. I usually right click to open the file in another tab, and then if I want to download it, I right click again..

I'll post the files for you here. I think that makes a difference than in the MW.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/historyofchurchvol2_15_maccaffrey_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/historyofchurchvol2_16_maccaffrey_128kb.mp3

If it is the Firefox issue, here are a couple threads discussing different solutions:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56764
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=56698
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks