[COMPLETE] Aventuras de Robinsón Crusoe-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
anaNR

Post by anaNR »

Hola Tux y hola a todos:

Lo que propone Tux (el que Joyfull corrija a su juicio los errores que considera más graves) me parece un buen compromiso para la situación actual. Con todo, no me parece que resuelva el problema de fondo pero, si no me queda más remedio, seguiré la opinión general o la que se acabe imponiendo.
En cuanto a buscar un texto más fiable, me va a ser imposible por ahora, ya que estoy en Nairobi sin ordenador y con una conexión aleatoria, pero lo haré a mi vuelta si aún sirve.
Un saludo
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've asked that someone who speaks Spanish step in and comment on this discussion as I am using Google translate to follow what is being said.

But based on my "google translate" understanding of the discussion so far, I have these comments:

We are reading the text linked in the first post. If we change to a different source text, then everything that is already read must be checked and corrected to match that text.

There are occasionally spelling mistakes in the texts we read. I have seen that in English and I read the sentence that makes sense, not the typo that is printed.

This project is marked for "standard" proof listening. In PLing a text under the "standard" level, you should be looking for obvious mistakes that will make a reader go "huh?" We do not expect word perfect readings by our readers in a "standard" project.

So, if you combine correcting typos as you read, and PLing to a "standard" level and not a "word perfect" level, will that resolve the problem you see with the text (and hopefully many of the PL comments which have been submitted on Joyfull's recording)?

MaryAnn
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Hi MaryAnn, Ana, and Tux :D

Thank you for your replies :D I must confess that I got a little discouraged when I started to make corrections; finding and recording them, etc. This was one of my first recordings, and my set up was different, now the overall sound was not the same :roll: (I'm not sure I'm using the right lingo here :oops: ), also seeing that the project was not moving along, with lots of sections unclaimed, the chapters being long and hard to read at times, etc. (it's supposed to be fun, right :D )

Anyway, this was my first recording and hopefully I got a little better since :lol: so I'm going to record it again, and see if it flows better.

Thank you all :D

Joyfull
anaNR

Post by anaNR »

Hi all:

I suppose that what Mary-Ann is proposing will solve the problem for now.
Nonetheless, the problem of the choice of the texts remains, as well as that of the election of the listening requirements (standard or not) and that of the definition of a "standard" reader, since I myself do not seem to fit in it.
I am in Kenya with a terrible connexion and can not expand on this, but will as soon as I am back in Europe.
In the meantime, I thank you for your responses and am glad Joyfull is resuming the project.

Cheers
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:I've asked that someone who speaks Spanish step in and comment on this discussion as I am using Google translate to follow what is being said.

But based on my "google translate" understanding of the discussion so far, I have these comments:

We are reading the text linked in the first post. If we change to a different source text, then everything that is already read must be checked and corrected to match that text.

There are occasionally spelling mistakes in the texts we read. I have seen that in English and I read the sentence that makes sense, not the typo that is printed.

This project is marked for "standard" proof listening. In PLing a text under the "standard" level, you should be looking for obvious mistakes that will make a reader go "huh?" We do not expect word perfect readings by our readers in a "standard" project.

So, if you combine correcting typos as you read, and PLing to a "standard" level and not a "word perfect" level, will that resolve the problem you see with the text (and hopefully many of the PL comments which have been submitted on Joyfull's recording)?

MaryAnn
You got the gist of it.

anaNR, here are the instructions for "standard" proof-listening.
  • Esté atento a pasajes repetidos que probablemente el lector habría suprimido en la edición.
  • Observe si hay pausas largas o rumor de fondo que impiden la fluidez en la escucha.
  • Fíjese en que las colas de introducción y final de grabación contengan los datos que se piden en el primer post del proyecto y los 5 segundos de silencio al final (10 segundos, si la grabación es superior a 30 minutos).
  • Si el volumen de la grabación parece demasiado alto o bajo, por favor, dígalo también.
  • NO es necesario seguir el texto escrito; basta oír como lo haría cualquier oyente.
O sea que, por ejemplo, esto:
- p. 24, min. 32'06: "esa resolución" por "esta resolución"
no lo habrías notado. Pero esto:
- p. 12, min. 13'06'': errata en el texto: "cenciencia" por "conciencia"
te hubiera hecho decir "que???" y entonces sí abrirías el texto para confirmar lo que oíste.
Karen S.
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

gypsygirl wrote:
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:I've asked that someone who speaks Spanish step in and comment on this discussion as I am using Google translate to follow what is being said.

MaryAnn
You got the gist of it.

anaNR, here are the instructions for "standard" proof-listening.
  • Esté atento a pasajes repetidos que probablemente el lector habría suprimido en la edición.
  • Observe si hay pausas largas o rumor de fondo que impiden la fluidez en la escucha.
  • Fíjese en que las colas de introducción y final de grabación contengan los datos que se piden en el primer post del proyecto y los 5 segundos de silencio al final (10 segundos, si la grabación es superior a 30 minutos).
  • Si el volumen de la grabación parece demasiado alto o bajo, por favor, dígalo también.
  • NO es necesario seguir el texto escrito; basta oír como lo haría cualquier oyente.
O sea que, por ejemplo, esto:
- p. 24, min. 32'06: "esa resolución" por "esta resolución"
no lo habrías notado. Pero esto:
- p. 12, min. 13'06'': errata en el texto: "cenciencia" por "conciencia"
te hubiera hecho decir "que???" y entonces sí abrirías el texto para confirmar lo que oíste.
Lo mismo pense cuando lo grababa, sin embargo en algun lugar antes habia leido que al grabar o narrar se debe leer el texto tal y como esta :roll: yo supuse que en aquellos tiempos o region decian "cenciencia" ,,en lugar de "conciencia" :lol: Y hay lecturas en que las personas pronuncian y dicen palabras que no se usan en la actualidad :D
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Joyfull wrote:Lo mismo pense cuando lo grababa, sin embargo en algun lugar antes habia leido que al grabar o narrar se debe leer el texto tal y como esta :roll: yo supuse que en aquellos tiempos o region decian "cenciencia" ,,en lugar de "conciencia" :lol: Y hay lecturas en que las personas pronuncian y dicen palabras que no se usan en la actualidad :D
Sí, en efecto. Pero desafortunadamente, los programas de OCR (Reconocimiento Optico de Carácteres) no son perfectos, y a veces nos dan errores como ese, donde el programa vió una "o" y pensó que era "e". Si lo que estas leyendo es una imagen del libro mismo, lee exactamente lo que ves. Si es texto simple (por ejemplo, uno de los textos de gutenberg), usa tu juicio si encuentras una situación similar, por que esos errores no son parte del texto original. :)
Yes, we ask that the text be read as written. Unfortunately, however, OCR programs aren't perfect, and will sometimes give errors like that one, where the program saw an "o" and thought it was an "e". If what you are reading is an image of the actual book, read exactly what you see. If it's plain text (for example, a gutenberg text), use your judgement if you find a similar situation, because those errors aren't part of the original text. :)
Karen S.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

?Se necesita un DPL en este proyecto? (Admito no haber leido el hilo.) Si falta alguien, puedo hacer el DPL :D
Kathrine
tux753

Post by tux753 »

kathrinee wrote:?Se necesita un DPL en este proyecto? (Admito no haber leido el hilo.) Si falta alguien, puedo hacer el DPL :D
Sí, por favor. Muchas gracias.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Seccion 1 es PL OK! :clap: Que bien trabajo hiciste, Claudia, en esta grabacion - aunque leo en el hilo que era una de las primeras grabaciones que hiciste. :thumbs:

No creo que el nombre del fil(?)/grabacion sea correcto, pero tal vez tux puede arreglarlo para no tener que re-subir solamente para esto.
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Capitulo 3 es PL OK tambien! Bien leido :clap:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Nota de PL para Claudia, capitulo 7 (seccion 8 en el MW):
al final se necesita 10 segundos de silencio.

Bien leido!! Hay un poco de ruido de fondo en unas partes de la grabacion. No es strictamente necesario hacer nada con esto (no es muy alto), pero si quieres limpiarlo un poco estas secciones de ruido estan entre app. 30:00 y 41:00, y entre 42 y 45.

En todas formas, lo unico que hace falta para que lo puedo marcar como PL OK, es el silencio al final. Buen trabajo!! :clap:
Kathrine
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

kathrinee wrote:Nota de PL para Claudia, capitulo 7 (seccion 8 en el MW):
al final se necesita 10 segundos de silencio.

Bien leido!! Hay un poco de ruido de fondo en unas partes de la grabacion. No es strictamente necesario hacer nada con esto (no es muy alto), pero si quieres limpiarlo un poco estas secciones de ruido estan entre app. 30:00 y 41:00, y entre 42 y 45.

En todas formas, lo unico que hace falta para que lo puedo marcar como PL OK, es el silencio al final. Buen trabajo!! :clap:

Gracias, Kathrine! Aprecio que seas siempre tan alentadora :D En cuanto tenga un tiempecito lo hago!
tux753

Post by tux753 »

Quedó libre una sección.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I have renumbered the files links in the MW so that they now match the section number.

There is a file in the uploader from May 13th called : robinsoncrusoe_07_defoe_cb_128kb.mp3. Is this the corrected version of Chapter 7? The link in the MW still points to the version of Chapter 7 uploaded on May 5th. Please upload the corrected version of Chapter 7 as : robinsoncrusoe_08_defoe_128kb.mp3 This should fix everything.

MaryAnn